Pocket Quiries?

GerritS

Sometimes with PQ's that get run frequently they go to the back of the queue. When I want to run a standing PQ, I always copy it and run the copy, it usually comes through within minutes. So check the date the last time your PQ was run, and if it hasn't run yet, give my suggestion a try and if it still doesn't work, then I am unsure what may be wrong!

I had the same problem as GerritS and tried Haggis Hunter's solution of recreating the query (it's the one for the nearest 500 caches to my home, which gets used a lot). The result appeared in my in-box in seconds. Many thanks for the explanation & solution as, like GerritS, I've been trying to work out what the problem with my PQs was for about 5 days!

I was beginning to suspect my ISP (Orange) was throttlling e-mails with large attachments so when a PQ failed to arrive I copied the original and changed the delivery address to gmail, it arrived almost immediatlely. The original finally appeared and it's header shows it arrived at my ISP almost immediately and then spent 3 days rattling around in their system. Small emails still continue get through immediately so Orange just lost a customer.

Is there a limit to the number of PQ’s you can download in a day? I sent off five, the other day, which I received OK , but I had made a mistake with one so sent another, and never received that one. The following day I tried again, and this time it worked.

My Pocket Queries

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

From http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

Is there a limit to the number of PQ’s you can download in a day? I sent off five, the other day, which I received OK , but I had made a mistake with one so sent another, and never received that one. The following day I tried again, and this time it worked.

My Pocket Queries

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

From http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

although i suspect the GC.com quote is a little misleading, as I believe it is 5 in a day, not in a 24 hour period. Keep in mind this is a Groundpeak day - on Pacific Time - so runs from 8am-8am GMT. I admit I've not been tinkering with PQs at 8am in the morning though, so I don't honestly know if you can run 5 at 7:55 am and 5 more at 8:05 am...