won't aquire satellites

When I turn on my 60CSX it will not aquire satellites....I let it sit for quite awhile....I have taken out my batteries & sd card & tried again...Same thing .....Does anyone know what could be wrong ...I have looked in my book & have found nothing

Thanks for any info

Check this:
  1. Main Menu
  2. Setup
  3. System
  4. Press the Menu button
  5. Select Software Version
  6. You will get a display showing the Software Version, GPS SW Version and your Unit ID. Do you see 0.00 anywhere on the page?

If so, hit the webupdater to restore the unit's software.

I updated but The GPS SW Version is still 0.00s ...I have tried twice any more Ideas Please

Thanks

How long have you had your 60CSx? The ones coming out now(within the last few months) are using a different chipset so my instructions below would break the unit even further. The SirfIII type G software should work on 99% of 60CSx models out there.

I helped someone the other day with this issue, and gave similar instructions to Coggins above but it wouldn't work. I then had them download the chipset 3.00 software manually but it still wouldn't go. They ended up trying the 2.90 chispet software and finally got it to work. they were then able to use the webupdater and update to the most current chipset software without issue.

http://www.gawisp.com/perry/chipset_firmware/Type_G/

I updated but The GPS SW Version is still 0.00s ...I have tried twice any more Ideas Please

Thanks

How long have you had your 60CSx? The ones coming out now(within the last few months) are using a different chipset so my instructions below would break the unit even further. The SirfIII type G software should work on 99% of 60CSx models out there.

I helped someone the other day with this issue, and gave similar instructions to Coggins above but it wouldn't work. I then had them download the chipset 3.00 software manually but it still wouldn't go. They ended up trying the 2.90 chispet software and finally got it to work. they were then able to use the webupdater and update to the most current chipset software without issue.

Thank you very much.....I have had the unit 2,.5 yrs & I downloaded the 2.90 version & it works ....

Thanks again

Thanks

Thanks again Hogrod.....The unit in question was actually a friends GPS that couldnt get on the forums for some reason......Now I have a question...My 60CSX is probably 5 yrs or older & my GPS SW Version is 2.80s Which version is best to have

Thanks again

Thanks again Hogrod.....The unit in question was actually a friends GPS that couldnt get on the forums for some reason......Now I have a question...My 60CSX is probably 5 yrs or older & my GPS SW Version is 2.80s Which version is best to have

Thanks again

I just run the webupdater and get the latest unit software and chipset never had any issues with my 60Cx with any of the updates. The most current is software version 4.00 and gps software Version 3.00s.