Date Format should be stored in profile

Chananda

There have been numerous discussions on the forums about this subject.

If my memory serves me correctly, TPTB have indicated that this is something they are working on for for enhancements of the site.

That's good to hear. A bit more internationalisation would encourage non-english speakers a bit more too.

Once again, I must assert that only Julian dates are adequately unambiguous and equally inconvenient to all. :)

Well, maybe not ALL... :D

Surely this calendar would be far more inconvenient.

A step in the right direction but incomplete.. we need a decimal calendar with zero at the exact moment the gaseous ball that became earth spun out from the sun. Until we have that available I suggest we leave things as they are. No point making a bunch of radical changes every few hundred years.

My vote would be for something like this: 24-Aug-2009

Surely very very few people could possibly misunderstand that format.

dd-MMM-yyyy

Almost have that already....look under my name over here<<<<<<<<

<<<<thats over here...lol.

You have my vote as well....works good and easily understood. But the Julian..ah well nevermind :P

dd-MMM-yyyy

Well, except people in whose language "Aug" isn't a month (French, for one, plus much of Eastern Europe).

Edited by riviouveur

dd-MMM-yyyy

Well, except people in whose language "Aug" isn't a month (French, for one, plus much of Eastern Europe).

The only good solution is the one where people get to choose the format they want to see.

I think Stardate is better than Julian date. The current Stardate is -313354.26217656006 :P

The only good solution is the one where people get to choose the format they want to see.

Sorry to bump this 6 month old thread, but I had it bookmarked to mention that the today's release of my VIP List Greasemonkey script has the ability to change the format of dates on cache pages to whatever format you want to see. Hopefully someday Groundspeak will give you that ability directly on the website, but until that time this script can help. Plus, this script has a whole bunch of other useful features! :lol:

If your haven't tried Firefox and Greasemonkey yet, today may be a good time to check it out.