Real Small Art

Thanks in advance for your feedback ~

I work with a small group of artists who post miniature artworks in public places. The goal of the project is to promote creative awareness with random acts of artistic kindness. It's called the Real Small Art League.

May I post artwork in caches I find? A fellow cacher thought it would be ok, but I'd like to hear from this forum if it's acceptable.

For example, here is a picture of a painting I left in a cache today. 0f347cea-dabd-4e7b-8ee3-68530e16e680.jpg

In addition, may I include the website for the project, to give the finder more information about the project? The website is HERE. There is nothing sold or solicited on the website.

I've read the geocaching guidelines, and carefully read the part about soliciting. I believe my posting artwork does not violate these guidelines. Do you agree? Your advice is very much appreciated.

Tiffany (RealSmallArt)

Very NEW Geocacher

Absolutely, and stuff like that is way cool. Just keep it family friendly. Your example is. I would suggest putting your caching name on the back so those who trade for those items know who made it. I would love to find one of your pieces of artwork in a cache. The personal touch is awesome.

Wow... love it! :)

I want to trade up and even for hundreds of them to make a big art mural of them all.

Unfortunately, I don't live in or near Virginia. :P

I bet they won't last long in caches either before someone trades for one.

It looks like an Art-O-Mat prize.

Thanks for the cool link! Never heard of those machines before. I see there is one in Chicago! :D

Absolutely, and stuff like that is way cool. Just keep it family friendly. Your example is. I would suggest putting your caching name on the back so those who trade for those items know who made it. I would love to find one of your pieces of artwork in a cache. The personal touch is awesome.

Agree with Mtn-man as long as there all family friendly they would be wonderful to bad they will probably never make it to MI. And I'll never make it to VA.

I was doing something similar for awhile. There was a project called "Found Art," but it looks like that link is now broken. I don't know if anyone liked the things I dropped, but I had fun with it. I enjoy finding things like this and it's about the only time I trade stuff in caches.

Here's a link to the blog I was keeping when I was doing this.

http://subversiveactsofartisticjoy.blogspot.com/

It beats dirty golf balls as trade items IMHO.

I think art is the work of the devil and as such, may have a religious tone to it and therefore isn't appropriate! :DB):)

Of course i'm kidding. We would absolutely love finding something like that in a cache. Unfortunately, we don't come across nice items like these very often. :)

I agree... most definitely. It would be great to find more interesting stuff like this in a cache besides the plastic toys.

I had the benefit of being the first cacher to find a similar piece of art work in a cache I visited last spring. It was a rock with a racoon painted on it. I have it sitting on my desk in my office!

Wow~ !! Thank you thank you for the amazing support and encouragement.

Calling all artists ~ anyone who wants to participate is invited. I would love to see more art in geocaches.

I'm teaching a class at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts this week, and the 8-10 year olds are creating artwork to place in a geocache on the museum grounds. One of the students had gone geocaching before, and the rest were quickly excited to "treasure hunt".

Here is a link to the basics of joining the Real Small Art Leauge:

http://realsmallart.blogspot.com/2008/06/f...s-ferreira.html

Here is a link to an article published this week about the Real Small Art Leauge placing art in geocaches:

http://rvaartblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/inn...ira-and_25.html

If you have any questions, please contact me realsmallart@gmail.com

Thanks again for all your kind words!!

Tiffany Glass Ferreira

Now we know where Vinny has been!

Nah, if it's Vinny, wouldn't it be the Hand and not the Eye?

Sounds more like someone who used some of the logbook paper to roll his own joint? I've seen a few log entries in a few of the more remote caches around here by people looking for a place to smoke weed and finding the geocache by accident.

Back on topic, I don't think you need any more validation, but I think it is really nice. My only trouble is, I likely won't have anything of equivalent value to trade for it :ph34r: