Ok, Lets see some cool TB's!

Turtle_Sask

I hope your Drop of Guiness makes it further then my Red Hook TB. I received an e-mail from a sock puppet e-mail account that they were throwing my TB away. B) They went on to lecture me that promoting alcohol on this family activity will not be tolerated. What if their child logged the TB and saw pictures of beer?

Phew, lucky that got thrown away - now their child can grow up without ever becoming aware of the existence of beer. :mad:

Quote from Snoogans' TB Longevity Clinic:

Another Longevity Strategy I've been posting lately: "If you want your bug to survive, make it UGLY.........Don't send those cutie plush bears and bunnies out there.......attach your bug to a chunk of rock, or a scrap of wood, etc. It'll probably go farther than you expected"

JayBee

That's a little bit more to the point of what I started this thread with. A cute thing with a big friggen hole drilled in it, is still cute and likely to get more pictures. It's however, less apt to be added to someone's collection of nifty things. Same goes for an ugly bug.

You have defiantly got this one down. That is one UGLY bug. :(

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e1-0302fc557f22

We are particpating in Cannonball Run, a race for travel bugs from Wilmington, NC to Barstow, CA. Check it out, it is an awesome idea and just begun. If you are in the area, feel free to join us by contacting the cache owners Back2DBeach. If you happen to see one of the participants, please help them along their journey.

I have a Shelby Cobra, my Husband has a Bone Crusher Rat Rod, my 4yo son has a Opel Speedster, and my 4yo daughter has a Porche 911 in the race. There are currently 16 other participants as well.

Enjoy.

This is the second one of these we've released...

Iggy Prop

That's really cool!

I can see how I'm probably going to get addicted to TBs. I only just began caching in August, and already I have 5 bugs, 4 of which have been released. Not sure any of them are especially cool, but figured I'd throw them out here.

An Fear (my car)

Langdon's Daughter

Marvin A.R.E.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Interesting idea, The Travel Bug!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1977123

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1973420

These are two of several I have circulating the planet.

My travel bugs took on the theme idea that if it interests small children they will be more likely moved.

So I have a couple of "Thomas" train items, as well as "Lighting McQueen".

My first travel bug is a small stuffed puppy headed to Kazakhstan. I placed him in a cache in the spring of this year and he has made it to Germany.

I find it interesting how these guys get around!

This one was at an event this evening. I'll blur out the code since it's obvious. But it's funny how many people will probably log this. The dummy holds a pail at the event where people can drop geocoins and TB's, yet no one really noticed the dummy is a TB of sorts, lol. Obviously not meant to travel, but a fun discoverable...

dummy_TB.jpg

This one was at an event this evening. I'll blur out the code since it's obvious. But it's funny how many people will probably log this. The dummy holds a pail at the event where people can drop geocoins and TB's, yet no one really noticed the dummy is a TB of sorts, lol. Obviously not meant to travel, but a fun discoverable...

dummy_TB.jpg

Sweet! I'm going to a haunted house TB swap on Halloween and hope to see something like this there.

Interesting idea, The Travel Bug!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1977123

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1973420

These are two of several I have circulating the planet.

My travel bugs took on the theme idea that if it interests small children they will be more likely moved.

So I have a couple of "Thomas" train items, as well as "Lighting McQueen".

My first travel bug is a small stuffed puppy headed to Kazakhstan. I placed him in a cache in the spring of this year and he has made it to Germany.

I find it interesting how these guys get around!

Nice! My son would love these.

I like BIG bugs. I released a refrigerator door just over 2 years ago.

It was meant to collect other TB's and coins to be attached to it forever by their owners. It has nearly 30 on it now! It's main goal is to attend events, but mainly to make it back to every GeoWoodstock.... It hasn't missed one yet. The magnets on it are for trade for other magnets....

Here is the most recent picture during its travels:

ee1f13ab-d928-4814-a5fa-dbd37ec3f8ce.jpg

<p>Here's mine, http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2448974 </p>

<p>  Current GOAL: To travel to all 50 states collecting 'state spoons', if possible. Then once all states are marked off, travel back to Cashmere, WA.. The state spoons can usually be found in any highway gas station or souvenir shop. I think they run 5-7 bucks. If you do attach a spoon, remember the old TB saying, "If you want your TB to survive, drill a hole through it." So if you could drill a hole in the spoon part to ensure other people don't take it off for their own collection, but also to allow it to be attached to the TB, that would be great! I also appreciate any maintenance that anyone does to my TB. Also, please only place this bug in well visited caches, none that are way up in the mountains where nobody goes. </p>

<p>  About this item: Spoon This TB is a Aplets and Cotlets, Cashmere, WA. spoon with Mission statement and State check off attached. It's hoping to aquire more state spoons along it's travels. It is OK to add a spoon of the same state but different town/ city. Please post pix of new spoons added. When it reaches a new state, please check off the state with a permanent marker on it's attached tag.</p>