Cointest! Waiting for Bill

ECplus3

Unforunately many (14,000) are out of power and rain has been very heavy (flooding and road closures) according to news services, there'll be a celibration once we hear from our Atlantic Canadian friends.

Opalsns, Arcadiahiker how was it near you?

Didn't feel a thing here in Central Maine.

Stay safe my friend!

Opalsns

All in all for Nova Scotia, we made out not that bad at all... just a wet and windy day... we've had much worse in terms of weather... we were all prepared and there was only a couple of incidents of people getting too close to the shoreline, but they were rescued and are fine... maybe a bit smarter for it as well

I hope everyone is safe too, and hope we will have our friends back on line to tell us that they are safe!!!

Sorry.... I didn't understand what Robert wrote about a 7 year old girl....

There are people who.... are not with us anymore, because of the harricane Bill??? :)

I hope everyone is safe too, and hope we will have our friends back on line to tell us that they are safe!!!

There are people who.... are not with us anymore, because of the harricane Bill??? :)

The report I saw indicated 3 people were missing in Maine after a rogue wave hit a cliff in a national park, sweeping 9 sightseers into the Atlantic Ocean. It was reported a small girl was among those saved - hopefully she is the 7 year old Robert referred to.

Mother Nature is magnificent, but she can be really dangerous and should always be treated with respect.

We hope that all our friends are safe and sound and not too many caches have been washed away.

Was There a winner?

Opalsns

Unfortunatly...the folks who were washed out to sea while watching the big waves are not winners...one was a 7 year old girl.

Actualy, I was talking about this cointest not winners or lossers of a hurricane tragedy.

Yeah, I heard about that and we were wondering what kind of Folks would let their 7 year old swim/play/sit in or walk too close to Waves from a Hurricane.??????

JMO

Opalsns

All is fine here in the Halifax area. Nova Scotia came out fairly unscathed, though I've heard there are a few coastal roads that have been washed away by waves. I'll have to go see if my favourite beach still has any sand left.

The reports I heard about loss of life attributed to Bill were about a man in his 50s who drowned in Florida and a 7 year old girl at Acadia National Park in Maine. A dozen others at the park were sent to hospital when another wave threw them back into the rocks.

Now on to the winner. The highest recorded sustained wind in Halifax yesterday was 86 km/h which is about 54 mph. This was recorded some time in early evening (my contact in the weather centre couldn't tell me the exact time off the top of his head). But that info is good enough to declare a winner:

TeamEccs21!!

Just need you to confirm that your address in the Geocoin Address Book is current!

Congratulations, and thanks for playing!

There are people who.... are not with us anymore, because of the harricane Bill??? :P

Some people like to go(near) to the beach/shore to watch the big waves from storms(I do too) but you have to be very careful where you watch from. There was an extra big wave(called a Rogue Wave) that came and washed some people into the sea. One was a 7 year old girl, and when they were able to pull her out of the water she was "unresponsive" which means that she has gone from us. Very sad news.

Yeah, I heard about that and we were wondering what kind of Folks would let their 7 year old swim/play/sit in or walk too close to Waves from a Hurricane.??????

JMO

Opalsns

They were probably right there with her, and didn't understand the power of the waves, or it was much larger than all the rest. I think it was a lot bigger than the others.

JMO

Opalsns

They were probably right there with her, and didn't understand the power of the waves, or it was much larger than all the rest. I think it was a lot bigger than the others.

Yup,

They were with her and the whole family get washed to sea. Coast Guard Boat and Helcopter had to come in . 4 Swam back to shore, 2 were rescued and the little girl drowned. And the Park was packed with people watching the waves. It's about time folks started realizing the power of Mother Nature.