Mystery Heart Coin

DiLMar

Hi, I have a question, "why is it called mystery?' ~ the reason I ask is that mystery has kinda been designated a special category by geocoin collectors, they are usually coins put into caches or mailed as a mystery to others.

Just curious.

Great question! I was kind of waiting for someone to ask me this. The reason it is called a “Mystery Heart Coin” has a quite different reason then what you have experienced before, I hope! :( It will be announced either by me or C&P when the coins start selling! Thank You!

When is sale day ?

It was supposed to be this weekend. But due to some scheduling it is being changed. But the first release is going be organized by C&P and they do a pre-order. And I will anounce the sale when I will actually have the coins which might take some time. I hope not too long. I am guessing maybe a month.

Just an info! These three versions of the Mystery Heart Coin will be sold without any limitation. As for limited editions I will be having all metal ones. Not decided which ones exactly but, like I said before if you guys have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them! Thank You! :(

Just an info! These three versions of the Mystery Heart Coin will be sold without any limitation. As for limited editions I will be having all metal ones. Not decided which ones exactly but, like I said before if you guys have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them! Thank You! :P

I would definitely recommend going with antique finishes for all-metal coins. Your coins have some lovely detail on them that would be lost in an all-shiny coin. You might also want to look at getting some samples in sandblasted finishes (for example, sandblasted gold). This cuts down the shine factor and I think that the details would be more like to pop out if you did something like that. But the antiquing, which is like a color wash, is really going to bring out the details in your coins and make them spectacular.

If you're able to get some samples, I'd recommend:

o Antique Silver

o Sandblasted Gold

o Sandblasted Copper, if the mint can do it, or Antique Copper if not (or both, if you can get 4 samples)

It really depends on how many samples C&P is willing to do (or how many you're willing to pay for, if you're able to pay for as many samples as you like).

Your coin would look great in Antique Bronze, too. : )

The reason it is called a “Mystery Heart Coin” has a quite different reason then what you have experienced before, I hope!

So you are redefining what a mystery coin is? Or just hoping to cash in on the term? :P

Now Mark, behave! No pot stirring for you today, young man.

Besides, I think the title refers the mysterious heart not the geocoin. We know where this coin is coming from, where to get it and (at some point) how much it will cost.... not much mystery there.

Edited by Droo

The reason it is called a “Mystery Heart Coin” has a quite different reason then what you have experienced before, I hope!

So you are redefining what a mystery coin is? Or just hoping to cash in on the term? :P

Not quite! I apologize if I was not clear about what I meant. What I meant was that the reason I named my coin a "Mystery Heart Coin" has no relation to the term that is used in geocoin sales. In fact I was not really aware of this term (getting an unknown coin in the mail) when I named my coin. It does have a different reason and it is not for the purpose of "hoping to cash in on the term". It is just part of why this coin was created that’s all. Nothing fancy. But like I said before it will be published when I start selling the coins! Please, be patient. I hope that helps your question.

Just an info! These three versions of the Mystery Heart Coin will be sold without any limitation. As for limited editions I will be having all metal ones. Not decided which ones exactly but, like I said before if you guys have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them! Thank You! :P

I would definitely recommend going with antique finishes for all-metal coins. Your coins have some lovely detail on them that would be lost in an all-shiny coin. You might also want to look at getting some samples in sandblasted finishes (for example, sandblasted gold). This cuts down the shine factor and I think that the details would be more like to pop out if you did something like that. But the antiquing, which is like a color wash, is really going to bring out the details in your coins and make them spectacular.

If you're able to get some samples, I'd recommend:

o Antique Silver

o Sandblasted Gold

o Sandblasted Copper, if the mint can do it, or Antique Copper if not (or both, if you can get 4 samples)

It really depends on how many samples C&P is willing to do (or how many you're willing to pay for, if you're able to pay for as many samples as you like).

Your coin would look great in Antique Bronze, too. : )

These are some great suggestions. I will definately have some samples made and publish it here to have everybodies opinion. Thank you very much Jackalgirl.

Oh! Yes, I forgot: don't forget to try a two-tone or two. That is, have the mint plate one metal over another. You could do something like black nickel underneath, then gold on top (or vice versa). Some platings "play well" with others, and some don't, so ask your vendor/mint.

Or quad-tone! Octo-tone!

Besides, I think the title refers the mysterious heart not the geocoin. We know where this coin is coming from, where to get it and (at some point) how much it will cost.... not much mystery there.

Anyways, me stir the pot, nah! I just found the answer to be even more cryptic and a mystery than the original response! Now I know... someone's has to defend the honor (what little there is left) of 'mystery' coins. :blink:

Besides... like my previous post said... I'm in. Where do I pay?

What is the best way to do sales on geocoins here in forum? Since I am new here I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions? I would really like to know the details? Especially if you guys could share something from your experience, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

What is the best way to do sales on geocoins here in forum? Since I am new here I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions? I would really like to know the details? Especially if you guys could share something from your experience, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Since the coins are probably going to go via pre-sale on Coins & Pins, then the best thing to do is to post a link directly to the pre-sale page to your coins on Coins & Pins once the link is live.

If you have additional AEs to be sold, you could also add links directly to the coin sale page on your own web page (I'm assuming that's where you'd want to sell them).

I'd recommend that you (re)provide the basic stats (size, thickness, plating or editions, and price). Also, if you know, make sure that you mention the total mint number (as applicable) for each of your editions. For example, if there are only 25 of your Artist's Editions, make sure you mention that. I say "as applicable" because Coins & Pins might choose to mint as many coins as are pre-ordered. If they plan to mint more in the future, those would be the "Regular Edition (RE)". If they're never going to mint them again, they're "Limited Edition (LE)".

Edited to add: let me clarify: I think you should wait to sell the AEs, if you're planning to sell them, until you actually have them in hand. That way, you'll know exactly what you've got to sell, will have good photos, etc. Plus, it'll help you build your reputation as a reliable seller. I don't think you're going to have any problems getting customers. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Since the coins are probably going to go via pre-sale on Coins & Pins, then the best thing to do is to post a link directly to the pre-sale page to your coins on Coins & Pins once the link is live.

If you have additional AEs to be sold, you could also add links directly to the coin sale page on your own web page (I'm assuming that's where you'd want to sell them).

I'd recommend that you (re)provide the basic stats (size, thickness, plating or editions, and price). Also, if you know, make sure that you mention the total mint number (as applicable) for each of your editions. For example, if there are only 25 of your Artist's Editions, make sure you mention that. I say "as applicable" because Coins & Pins might choose to mint as many coins as are pre-ordered. If they plan to mint more in the future, those would be the "Regular Edition (RE)". If they're never going to mint them again, they're "Limited Edition (LE)".

Edited to add: let me clarify: I think you should wait to sell the AEs, if you're planning to sell them, until you actually have them in hand. That way, you'll know exactly what you've got to sell, will have good photos, etc. Plus, it'll help you build your reputation as a reliable seller. I don't think you're going to have any problems getting customers. : )

Thank You very much Jackelgirl. I really appreciate your help. As always you give some great advice.

:rolleyes:

Oh! Yes, I forgot: don't forget to try a two-tone or two. That is, have the mint plate one metal over another. You could do something like black nickel underneath, then gold on top (or vice versa). Some platings "play well" with others, and some don't, so ask your vendor/mint.

Or quad-tone! Octo-tone!

Anyways, me stir the pot, nah! I just found the answer to be even more cryptic and a mystery than the original response! Now I know... someone's has to defend the honor (what little there is left) of 'mystery' coins. B)

Besides... like my previous post said... I'm in. Where do I pay?

Thanks. I hope you will not be dissapointed when you finally get the coin. :D

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. As it is called the "Mystery Heart" coin, it is enchanted by mystery, indeed. Every part and piece of the picture contains a word that has yet to be discovered. Even the original coin, engraved by ancients long passed; possess designs with meanings that are encrypted to this day. As none of the meanings of these words, these picture pieces have been revealed - the mystery remains unsolved! People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we were born.

Mystery Heart Coins are For Sale Now!

There are six finishes. Red-Gold, Green-Silver, Green-Gold, White-Silver, Antique Bronze and Antique Silver. Two Antique finishes are Limited Edition. There will be only 50 of each made and no more. All the other price details and pictures can be seen on my website. Here is the direct link to the page: http://www.dilmarcoins.com/MysteryHeartGeoCoin.html

Thanks to all of you.

DiLMar

abtiquebronemhg.jpg

antiquesilvermhg.jpg

greengoldmhg.jpg

I would love to get a set. Are you selling any of them by the set for a price break? Thanks... :rolleyes:

Yes. I kind of haven't been thinking about it earlier but now that you have mentioned. I think it would be a great idea. I will post it on my website tonight. Thank you! :P

Attention Everybody!!!

I am trying to play a little game with the Mystery Heart Geocoin:

Can You Solve The Mystery?

There are several mysteries and puzzles found within this coin. As the creator of this beautiful coin, I have personally discovered only three of them; one of which is my own design.

Read on if you wish to participate and have the opportunity to win your very own Mystery Heart LE Coin. This is the deal:

I will post a question regarding one of the three mysteries of the coin on my website. The mystery to be examined and solved will be pointed out. Because I will be presenting one question at a time, only solve the mystery it refers to. Who ever discovers the mystery first by answering the question with the correct answer will be awarded a free Mystery Heart LE Coin. It will be mailed within a week after the mystery has been solved.

Be aware that this is just Part One of the mysteries.

Remember, only the posted question has to be answered and nothing more at this time.

Answers must be submitted through my website and I will pick the first correct answer and announce the winner of the Mystery Part One. Like I mentioned before, the winner will be awarded a Free Mystery Heart LE Coin.

Mystery Part One Question:

What do the Runes (Elfish) letters mean? The Runes letters are found around the heart design on the front of the coin. (See picture of the coin for assistance in locating Runes letters)

Here is the link to answer the question:

http://www.dilmarcoins.com/GeoCoinContest.html