Mystery Heart Coin

DiLMar

If you Quote my post here, then look at how the text looks, you will see how to write it...

70ee7cd3-c7f6-4a5e-a93e-6854e6bb8196.jpg

the URL you paste inbetween needs to be the one in the address bar when you are looking at a page that contains nothing but the image

Thanks a lot! I'll try to do that. I have a Die Art for my Mystery Heart Coin I am trying to get in here so I can have everybody’s opinion. Appreciate your help!

If you Quote my post here, then look at how the text looks, you will see how to write it...

70ee7cd3-c7f6-4a5e-a93e-6854e6bb8196.jpg

the URL you paste inbetween needs to be the one in the address bar when you are looking at a page that contains nothing but the image

Thanks a lot! I'll try to do that. I have a Die Art for my Mystery Heart Coin I am trying to get in here so I can have everybody’s opinion. Appreciate your help!

if you can't get it to work, then just upload it somewhere and paste in a direct link to the image...from there someone can help you get it written the right way. Look forward to it.

You have to upload the picture to a website like http://imageshack.us/ first. You will see a page that looks something like this once it is uploaded:

13126057.png

Copy the text in the box the red arrow is pointing at. Come back here and paste the text in the reply box. It should show up once hit click the add reply button.

The "new topic notification" e-mail I got said

C:\Users\******\Desktop\6ACP-02525(A01-1)
which is a location on your computer's hard drive. I places the *s in place of the user name so it wouldn't show up.

I hope this helps you. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Ok, I am trying to get the picture of the coin in here and I have no clue how to do that! Could anyone please help me with that?

Hi DiLMar,

from the photo's address it looks like you're trying to upload directly to the forum from your computer. To post a photo it needs to have a URL address. Upload it to your website and post the pic from there.

Hope that helps.

Edit to add.... ooops, it looks like I'm repeating what WSR sed.

Edited by Droo

Gorgeous coin, and I'd be interested in one of these as well.

Have you given any thoughts as to how you'll handle the sales (reservations, pre-sales, etc) and what price you'd like to ask?

How many editions are you thinking of (for example, are you considering a "charter edition" to pay for later regular editions, such as I recommended for your other coin)? If so, what kinds of platings and color combinations are you contemplating?

Lastly, I'm interested in the other coin, too, is there any news you could update for that thread (in that thread, of course -- the powers that be will not be happy if you were to provide updates for that coin here)? Any mint art, or information about editions, or any other news on that particular project that you could post over there?

You have to upload the picture to a website like http://imageshack.us/ first. You will see a page that looks something like this once it is uploaded:

13126057.png

Copy the text in the box the red arrow is pointing at. Come back here and paste the text in the reply box. It should show up once hit click the add reply button.

The "new topic notification" e-mail I got said

C:\Users\******\Desktop\6ACP-02525(A01-1)
which is a location on your computer's hard drive. I places the *s in place of the user name so it wouldn't show up.

I hope this helps you. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Thanks a lot for the help. I tried to do it through my own website but for some reason I could not figure it out. :P But your idea was much better and easier. Appreciate it!

Ok, I am trying to get the picture of the coin in here and I have no clue how to do that! Could anyone please help me with that?

Hi DiLMar,

from the photo's address it looks like you're trying to upload directly to the forum from your computer. To post a photo it needs to have a URL address. Upload it to your website and post the pic from there.

Hope that helps.

Edit to add.... ooops, it looks like I'm repeating what WSR sed.

Good catch! I did try it to post directly from my computer and I had no idea that it needed URL. Thanks a lot! Droo

I'm just guessing, but is this the coin your trying to post?

31b5dc8b-a5f8-4653-9da9-767ebd114106.jpg39185c66-d6d2-403c-ae76-dd935d787a4d.jpg

If this is the coin you are trying to show I give a thumbs up.

Yes, this is the coin I was reffering to. I just needed to post a final Die Art and thanks to all of you I was finaly able to do it. :P Thank You!

Looks good, are you thinking hard or soft enamel?

I tried to have a soft enamel on it since the manufacture was not able to have a hard enamel because of some freatures on the coin, but they made some adjustments and I am pretty sure it will have a hard enamel now. But I will double check on that for you!

Gorgeous coin, and I'd be interested in one of these as well.

Have you given any thoughts as to how you'll handle the sales (reservations, pre-sales, etc) and what price you'd like to ask?

How many editions are you thinking of (for example, are you considering a "charter edition" to pay for later regular editions, such as I recommended for your other coin)? If so, what kinds of platings and color combinations are you contemplating?

Lastly, I'm interested in the other coin, too, is there any news you could update for that thread (in that thread, of course -- the powers that be will not be happy if you were to provide updates for that coin here)? Any mint art, or information about editions, or any other news on that particular project that you could post over there?

Hi Jackelgirl, I am thinking that, since it is my very fist geocoin I will wait a little bit with sales until I have the actual coins and then start selling them. But just so that everybody knows this particular coin is going to be sold through a manufacturer first. I am not sure about the price either but I would be happy if you had some suggestions? I am thinking in the future that I will have one particular finish for this coin that will have a limited edition and I am not sure which one yet, I am open for ideas. As of right now there are only three versions that are on the final die art picture that I have posted. About the other coin I will be having the die art some time soon and I will make sure to post it as well. Thanks for all of your help!

Hi Jackelgirl, I am thinking that, since it is my very fist geocoin I will wait a little bit with sales until I have the actual coins and then start selling them. But just so that everybody knows this particular coin is going to be sold through a manufacturer first. I am not sure about the price either but I would be happy if you had some suggestions? I am thinking in the future that I will have one particular finish for this coin that will have a limited edition and I am not sure which one yet, I am open for ideas. As of right now there are only three versions that are on the final die art picture that I have posted. About the other coin I will be having the die art some time soon and I will make sure to post it as well. Thanks for all of your help!

No sweat!

I think that waiting until you have the coins in hand is a good idea, and going through a manufacturer is a good idea too. The design is gorgeous so you shouldn't have any problems getting one of the manufacturers to pick it up. They'll probably want to do a regular and limited editions and I'm sure the sale will go very well.

My recommendation would be to pick the design you like the best to receive as your "Artist's Edition" version, and then sell those yourself to build up some capital that you can then put into the production of future coins.

This looks like a coin with 2D dies that would work really well with imitation hard enamel (IHE). If you'd like to maintain the tactile quality (that is, have something that people can feel), you could consider soft enamel, which "slumps" into the fill areas. Or, alternately, you could use IHE for full-color editions and then play with different platings for a no-enamel "tactile" version. I'd definitely recommend sticking with the antique finishes for something like that -- that tends to really bring out the detail. Make sure to ask the manufacturer/mint for information about which platings work well with others: some don't play nicely and can give you a lot of problems.

For really high-quality pictures of the same coin in a bunch of different platings and colors -- especially transparent enamels -- check out Scavok's site, particularly the "NAWWAL" and Journey geocoins (I've punched you into the "NAWWAL" page with this link). This can give you some ideas of where you might want to go to start thinking.

Prices: Your manufacturer is going to set the price and, depending on the manufacturer, will either do a reservation or a pre-sale. The number of AEs you'll get as your payment will probably (or, I should say, should be) a function of how many coins they sell. You are more than justified to ask for a higher price for your AEs since they will by nature be limited. The more limited = the higher price. This is also the case if the AEs use two-tone plating, IHE, or other higher-priced features. I'd be willing to guess that your manufacturer is going to price them somewhere in the $8-10 range; what you price your AEs at depends on how many you have. If you have, say, 50, then I think it would be completely reasonable to sell them for $12 each (not including shipping) and I sincerely doubt you'd have any left. That means you'd have $600 to plow into your next project, less associated costs (PayPal fees, etc).

Please bear in mind that this is my opinion only; your mileage may vary. /I'd/ be willing to pay $12 for an AE version of this design.

So, to conclude: the answer with regards to pricing is: it depends. ; ) It depends on how many you've got to sell and what features are part of the coin and it also depends on the reaction -- in terms of actual sales -- that you get to the coin when it goes up for sale/presale/reservation. Keep us up to date as to how things go as you get further along in the process -- I'm really looking forward to seeing this coin in person!

Edited to add: how much you can charge for an AE is also a function of how many coins were minted overall, but as I mentioned before, if you're going with a manufacturer, then that's already calculated by the fact that you're only going to get x number of AEs, as a percentage of overall coins minted. -- JG

Edited by Jackalgirl

your designs are very good, and im glad to see youve changed your tone around here. id also be intrested in 1 of each finish ,, i also really like your other design so i hope you scratch what has happened there and move forward on this new note of yours!! i also design and collect but am not a vendor. your designs bring me insperation to design ,, now i just need 30 hr days so i can design. ha ha ha. :mad:

Glad to see you went with a vendor the first time around. It's a great way to learn about this whole thing :unsure: That way if mistakes happen, you don't need to worry.

Looks like it should be a nice coin. Celtic designs seem to do real well.

tsun

Thank you for the quote Tsun. :blink: I did have an ugly start but I hope I will get much better with everything as I learn more! Thanks to people like you! I did see some of your coin pictures, they are very artistic designs. I really like the way you come up with ideas!

nice choice in vendor, they do a great job making coins. the artwork looks great i really like the red and green :D

what does the Text say on the back? i only read in english- looks intresting

Thank you for the comment! I personally like the Gold/red one so far myself. The letters on the back are part of this coin being a mystery. I will not announce what that means or say yet. But I will announce it once I actually start selling the coin.

BTW I saw your coin design not so long ago. I have to tell you, it is a piece of art! :(