Help with Trackable Geocoin

nyregram

Hi, everyone. I have never posted on here before but I need to figure something out. I had a Stars and Stripes Geocoin that I dropped off in its starting location. I didn't know that I was going to put it there until I actually did it, and so it was not logged before I dropped it off. Before I got back to log its starting cache, someone had logged that they "discovered it" and now I can't figure out how to delete everything and say that I dropped it off. The person still has the coin and I have been emailing them but they don't seem to know what to do either. I don't know how to get it fixed and it is really annoying me, mostly because if the person would have just waited a little bit it would have been listed there and everything would have been just fine. :blink: If someone has the answer to my problem, please tell me, I need help. Thanks.

OK...not sure who has your coin...a Discovery does not affect the location of the coin, so whoever had it before should still listed as in possesion...the person who whote that note??

Deleting people's logs will not coax them to cooperate with you. the easiest thing to do is...

Log a Grab for the coin, then post a note for the Cache where you dropped it, and log the drop. then it will show as being in that Ccahe. the person who has it now will need to log a grab again, in order for the site to allow them to log a grop later

Ok.. just read the OP again...here's a step by step...

1. YOU, log that you are Grabbing the Coin(date this before the day you dropped it)

2. YOU log a note to the Cache page, and Drop the coin in it(Date this the day it happened)

3. THEY log a Retreived from Cache(date this AFTER your drop)

4. YOU recalculate the milage

That should fix it, if they are willing to work with you.

Fter this, if you need to delete any logs, then look at the coins page, and view each log on a seperate page, then you will have the option to delete it. Stay in touch with the authors of the logs before you delete them, of they may not understand, and might get mad.

You can even ask THEM to delete their own logs.

just a note, deleting logs can get touchy with some people, so be gentle when you approach the topic. I don't know the psycology of it, but having your log deleted is like being slapped and told to shut up. It's reccommended to work WITH people before doing this, so they will understand what's going on, and not be surprised