:( I lost my BIG geocache on the way to hide it.

8D

It was the second one in my city dedicated to the kids. I think It was also going to be the biggest in size. Just finished taping the WHOLE box with cammo-tape, loaded it with enough toy swag to last a year. The box was so big, I could fit several pairs of my work boots in it. Anyways, I was on the way to the site, and when I got there I started searching for the box. I looked all over the place and didn't see it, then I asked my daughter "Where's my treasure box" and to my dread, she pointed to the roof....... LOL I realized I had put it up there and after I buckled my girl in, forgot to get it off. DOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I hope some muggle kids enjoy toys, as I think I got pretty far from my house before it fell off. Anyways. Atleast it wasn't GPS I lost (yes I left it on the roof too) I spent waaaay to much money to replace that thing. I hope this story helps remind you guys not to make the same mistake I made lol. I'll wait til next payday to spend more money on a replacement. (I spend about $60 on the geocache) welp Happy cachin!!

I have done that with plenty of stuff..lol; however my favorite memory of something like that took place when I was a kid and my grandfather put a glass pie plate on the roof while load other stuff. We were taking it back to my great aunt's house and we got a block from home when he went around the corner and I watched the pie plate sail past the window and shatter into a million pieces. I learned new words that day that I never heard before! :)

My father always put his drink on the top of the car while he unlocked the car. I have no idea how many times I saw ice, coke, and a McD's cup flying down the windsheild at the first stop.

You are not alone.

In high school a buddy of mine would always drive around town with a mcdonalds cup on his roof but he would have a strong magnet in the bottom of the cup. He would drive around and see how many people would try to tell him about his cup on his roof. :P

I've done that with my cell phone twice. Both times people were honest and returned the phone to me. There's hope for the humans after all! :D

Riding my bike along a major road, I found a cell phone in five pieces (body, battery cover, battery, antenna, case) spread across a long area of shoulder. I put the pieces back together, found that it worked (!!!), looked up "Home" in the address book, and got it back to the owner.

Edited by Viajero Perdido