Garmin 60Cx: $220 including shipping

Barrikady

I wouldn't. It's and outdated unit.

It may be "outdated," but it's still a viable option for those that want to geocache. And not a bad price at $220 with shipping. I'd recommend it over the "M" word GPS any day.

He's not talking about oregon/colorado vs 60csx. The "Deal" linked to is for the 60cx rather than the 60cSx. The non-S version is a VASTLY inferior GPS.

I'm an oregon owner now, but I recall my friend having zero sats under tree cover with his 60cx while all us 60csx owners had 15.

I own a 60CX and have cacher all over the western United States. I have never had issues with satellite lock under tree cover. I have had some issues with a bit of wandering while looking for a cache. I believe the technical term is the drunken bumble bee. As far as I know this is normal with all GPS's. The technology inside is the same as the 60CSX except no electronic compass and no barometer.

He's not talking about oregon/colorado vs 60csx. The "Deal" linked to is for the 60cx rather than the 60cSx. The non-S version is a VASTLY inferior GPS.

I'm an oregon owner now, but I recall my friend having zero sats under tree cover with his 60cx while all us 60csx owners had 15.

You are mistaken, the only difference between the 60CSx & the 60Cx is the S model has sensors(barometric altimeter and electronic compass. Both the 60CSx and 60Cx use the same chipset & have a micro SD card slot.

You are thinking of the older 60CS or 60C models. they look identical to the newer models except they only have 64mb of map storage(no micro SD slot) and a much worse chipset that would loose signal in the woods.

"The non-S version is a VASTLY inferior GPS."

Simply rubbish. I've owned several of both. The S model has a barometric pressure altimeter and a magnetic compass. Other than that, they are identical.

They are both outstanding units. I'd take either, any day, over most any other of the current models. If you don't really need to have a magnetic compass or barometric altimeter built in, get the 60Cx.