Lowrance Endura Safari

Todd762

New to geocaching and new to me Lowrance Endura Safari. Question, how for the life of me do I get a cache from geocaching.com to my GPS? I am using a Macintosh and have a premium membership. For some reason it never transfers to the GPX folder when I have the GPS connected to the computer via the USB cable.

Calling Lowrance was useless. I asked them to walk me through it but they couldn't because "I have a Mac". Instructions with this unit are minimal.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Todd

I don't have the Lowrance yet but do have some thoughts on this:

If you connect the unit to your Mac, does it show up on the desktop as another disk drive? It should.

If it doesn't then you may need to check to see if it has an optin setting somewhere for "Mass Storage" or "USB Bulk Mode" or something similar and turn it on.

Once it shows up on your desktop, you should be able to simply drag and drop files to it. I skimmed the manual from Lowrance online and it wasn't clear to me if the GPX files needed to be put directly into the GPX folder, or if you should put them in the root directory of the GPSR's storage area and let the device recognize the file.

So I'd try both to see what happens.

Success, thanks for the help!

When I hit the GPX Exchange File button on geocaching.com it gives me no option where to save and directly saves in my "downloads". I then open the TFAT drive that shows up on my desktop when the usb cable is connected to my handheld as lee_rimar stated. In that drive there is a GPX folder. I then drag the GPX file from my "downloads" to the gpx file and it automatically transfers to the device.

I tried the Send to GPS function for Garmin as Redwoods Mtn Biker stated. When this is done, it creates a "Garmin" Folder on my TFAT drive. Double clicking the Garmin folder shows a GPX folder where the GPX file is. For some reason this will not transfer onto the Endura. If you drag the gpx file from the Garmin GPX folder to the original TFAT drive GPX folder then it will transfer to the Endura.

Both ways will work but just dragging from the downloads to the original GPX folder in the TFAT drive is a few clicks less.

Hope this makes sense and I appreciate the help. Kids are looking forward to getting out for a little adventure tonight.

Todd

Edited by Todd762

Success, thanks for the help!

When I hit the GPX Exchange File button on geocaching.com it gives me no option where to save and directly saves in my "downloads". I then open the TFAT drive that shows up on my desktop when the usb cable is connected to my handheld as lee_rimar stated. In that drive there is a GPX folder. I then drag the GPX file from my "downloads" to the gpx file and it automatically transfers to the device.

I tried the Send to GPS function for Garmin as Redwoods Mtn Biker stated. When this is done, it creates a "Garmin" Folder on my TFAT drive. Double clicking the Garmin folder shows a GPX folder where the GPX file is. For some reason this will not transfer onto the Endura. If you drag the gpx file from the Garmin GPX folder to the original TFAT drive GPX folder then it will transfer to the Endura.

Both ways will work but just dragging from the downloads to the original GPX folder in the TFAT drive is a few clicks less.

Hope this makes sense and I appreciate the help. Kids are looking forward to getting out for a little adventure tonight.

Todd

There is also a button on the listing pages to directly grab the GPX file - just save it on the endura directly - even less clicks.