Fake "Found It" claims

Fledermaus

The following message was received from: "Vigant":

Vigant contacting Fledermaus from Geocaching.com

Friday, August 21, 2009 6:10 AM

To:fledermaus98367@yahoo.com

Hello! I'm a geocacher from Latvia (in Europe) and would like to alert you about a certain notorious fake user named Geochacer. He was recently known for logging virtually in some caches, but not visiting them in real life. He has also logged in your cache "FAHRENHEIT 451! - Kingston, WA." in June 9. Clearly, it was impossible for him to visit it, as he can't suddenly teleport to another part of the world... I don't think he can. :mad: I hope you will cooperate.

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=f6...94-8c6df4ada467

==========

I have checked out Vigant's profile and it appears to be legit.

I also checked out the profile for Geochacer appears to be a "sock-puppet".

I also checked into the finds by Geochacer and all of them, with the exception of those in Latvia, appear suspicious.

If you find a claim by Geochacer on one of your caches, I suggest you delete it as I did on mine.

/\/(°w°)\/\

You've got to be $hittin me. I can't believe someone is fake logging caches, geocachers are such a fine, wonderful and honest group of people..... well at least I am.

This has got to be stopped dead in its tracks. This guy needs to be outed and rounded up by the locals so you can burn him at the stake in the village center. Stake burning is still allowed in Latvia isn't it? A few good stake burnings and fake logging will become a thing of the past.

You've got to be $hittin me. I can't believe someone is fake logging caches, geocachers are such a fine, wonderful and honest group of people..... well at least I am.

This has got to be stopped dead in its tracks. This guy needs to be outed and rounded up by the locals so you can burn him at the stake in the village center. Stake burning is still allowed in Latvia isn't it? A few good stake burnings and fake logging will become a thing of the past.

...And then you can start working on those Germans who armchair-log virtuals. :blink:

...And then you can start working on those Germans who armchair-log virtuals. :blink:

Now you really got me worked up.fire.gifsmiley.gif