Spare microSD storage on 60Csx?

jimlarkey

I had to split my map data on 2 microSDHC cards. Looking for any ideas that other 60Csx users might have for storing the 2nd uSD card, so that I will always have it with me.

Tried a spot of velcro on the plastic container that came with the card, and put it inside the Garmin OEM cloth carrying case.....comes loose, and always have to put the GPSr in with the plastic face opposite the card.

The best I could come up with is electrical tape (photo below). Anybody care to share their tricks for storing a 2nd uSD card, so that it is not ever forgotten?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jim

116312042.jpg

Edited by jimlarkey

"....so that I will always have it with me."

When you have a memory like mine, pockets don't work. Although, it would have been nice if Garmin would have included pockets in their case for spare batteries and uSD cards.

Keep the thoughts coming.

Cheers,

Jim

Edited by jimlarkey

As was pointed out to me some decades ago about a spare car key - put it in your wallet as you likely always have that with you when you are out. Ofcourse nowdays when you can get along with a picture drivers license and a credit card! As you probably have keys with you when you go out, what about some type of small container that is a perminent part of your 'key chain'?

I had some old poster putty I put some inside the battery cover similar to the OP tape method. I place the space Micro SD card onto this, contacts up as to not get them dirty in the putty. it requires very little in fact if you use to much it seems you could break the card trying to get it loose.

as you can see in his picture there is room for at least three cards if needed.

http://www.duckproducts.com/products/detai...d=8&plid=32