zoom range for roads

jackrr

I am sure this has been discussed before but I could not find an answer doing a Search. I have a 76csx and when using CNNA NT or Topo Canada secondary roads that are showing at a zoom of 1.2 km disappear when zoomed to 2 km. I would like the secondary roads to show at a higher zoom. Is this built into the unit or is there a setting I haven't discovered that can change the road zoom range?

You can control the map detail level, but no free lunch. Everything will move up or down with the detail control to the point that you will lose the roads in the clutter.

Map screen > Menu > Setup Map > Map Setup - General > Detail > More or Less

I have my map screen set for the Most detail. The problem is that when I zoom from 1.2 - 2 km I don't "lose the roads in the clutter", instead the screen automatically declutters at 2 km and all secondary roads disappear.

Features, roads or otherwise, are set to display to a particular zoom level. As mentioned, this can be slightly changed by the detail setting (two, maybe 3, bar scale levels up or down). Garmin probably chose these levels to be best for most areas of the NA/world? and users, but obviously these will not be very good for many areas.

Features, roads or otherwise, are set to display to a particular zoom level. As mentioned, this can be slightly changed by the detail setting (two, maybe 3, bar scale levels up or down). Garmin probably chose these levels to be best for most areas of the NA/world? and users, but obviously these will not be very good for many areas.

Unfortunately I believe your right. I was hoping there was some way of changing the road detail similar to how you can change the zoom level of POI, etc. The zoom range of secondary roads seems to be pre-set by Garmin and we just have to live with it. :blink: