Beta testers wanted to test new puzzle

I'm looking for a couple people to beta test my new interactive fiction geocaching puzzle(s).

Basically, the people who will be playing the game (cachers) are trying to find 5 physical caches hidden in various locations around central Ohio. The GPS coordinates are revealed to them by solving the 5 major puzzles in the game. So far, so good, but there is a twist. In order to solve the 5th puzzle in the game, they need to have solved the other 4 puzzles and then found the 4 corresponding physical caches in "real life" Inside each container, they will receive a clue. When they have collected all four clues, they will return to the game where they will be able to solve the 5th puzzle. When they do, they will finally get the coordinates to the 5th cache.

You don't have to live in Ohio to play the game; there is a "game mode" that will allow you to get the clues you need to solve the 5th puzzle.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Dan

Something like that is done in Vienna: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...bf-b358d2f231d3

From a starting point you'll have to calculate 4 other coords, with seemingly insufficient information (some bearings, some distances, but not both for a complete coordinate). At those 4 coordinates, there is a micros each, with a clue where to find the final cache. It's not all over town, just in one field, about half a mile from opposite corners...

Will try that in a few days :(

Ardjan

I'm looking for a couple people to beta test my new interactive fiction geocaching puzzle(s).

Basically, the people who will be playing the game (cachers) are trying to find 5 physical caches hidden in various locations around central Ohio. The GPS coordinates are revealed to them by solving the 5 major puzzles in the game. So far, so good, but there is a twist. In order to solve the 5th puzzle in the game, they need to have solved the other 4 puzzles and then found the 4 corresponding physical caches in "real life" Inside each container, they will receive a clue. When they have collected all four clues, they will return to the game where they will be able to solve the 5th puzzle. When they do, they will finally get the coordinates to the 5th cache.

You don't have to live in Ohio to play the game; there is a "game mode" that will allow you to get the clues you need to solve the 5th puzzle.

Thanks,

Dan

I'll take a look at it too. I recently worked on a puzzle cache which involved solving 12 different puzzles. I got to the last one and got stuck. I just couldn't figure out the last piece so I put it aside for awhile. It'sbeen found/solved by two others since a hint was added for one of the puzzles I had solved well before they did. The cache itself is 500 miles away from me.

Thanks,

Dan

This sounds very similar to the hide I am trying to put together - where in Ohio is it? I'd love to actually do this one if it's not too far!

Thanks,

Dan

I have been an interactive fiction fan since "The Colossal Cave" and later Zork. What game compiler did you use? I was thinking of writing a game where the rooms were local caches, but never got it off the ground because I was stuck "in a maze of twisty passages, all alike".