Holding a cache location?

SkellyCA

It depends.

You can write up a cache page and uncheck the "yes, this cache is active" box. This allows you time to edit your page to your heart's content but keeps it from showing up in the review queue. During this time you can also scout out the area around your cache and obtain adequate permission for placing a cache there.

There really isn't a time limit involved in any of this UNLESS someone else wants to place a cache in the same area. If they submit a cache and yours is blocking the way, the reviewer will likely have them move theirs to comply with the guidelines. Now, if you haven't done anything with your cache in awhile, the reviewer may contact you and see if you're still planning on activating it. he may give you a week or two to decide and then clear the way for the other cache.

YMMV

I went and scouted the location, took pics. Found out it is owned by the Ca Dept of Fish & Game. So I emailed them about info about the plans for the area and asked for permission. Does anyone know what my chances are of them giving permission?

I also wrote up a temp cache page, unchecked the active box and submitted it to hold my place. So few good hiding places left in this area.