Error Reading cartridge. AGAIN

Eclectic Penguin

Sit back... breathe deeply and relax.

Ok - it seems all that was lost from my incremental last save were some spelling corrections (phew!) and some factual corrections to the history tour that I can put back into the application tomorrow - but it still makes me wonder why a single save can make a Wherigo application become completely corrupted and (it seems) unrecoverable?

I appreciate it's an Beta release too for the compiler and we developers are testers should be prepared to put up with glitches - but it's been beta for well over a year now and people are using the end product of our efforts out there as if it's a solid product.

Hey ho - I'm not so annoyed now that I realise that the last 5 hours of work hadn't been lost after all!

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

This is still my first Wherigo and I beleive the first to be published in my home country too. At the moment - it's an elaborate historical tour of a relatively small town broken into 4 regions based on different type of historical interest (new regions only made available when all the locations have been found in the previous region).

I apoligise for the rant earlier on - I appreciate the software is still in development and I did do the right thing and made enough backups earlier on today to keep on going from where I stopped. I also hope I can complete my first Wherigo in the next day or so!

Having spent many, many hours putting together my first Wherigo application - despite the glitches in development, it's been a hugely enjoyable experience, I have to say despite my brief unwarranted tirade a while ago, starting this thread.

The software learning curve was quite formideable - but I think I'm over most of that now :(

Getting the research material into making an enjoyable experience for someone who is prepared to spend several hours finding real places around 15 actual locations and learning some actual historical information while doing so... Again I've enjoyed putting that together too.

My first Wherigo is basically a history tour.

And why not?

My next Wherigo will involve interaction with characters and objects, I'm sure!

Unhelpful rant deleted...

It turned out the problem was caused my me changing something I shouldn't have...

Well? what did you tamper with to screw it all up?

Enquiring minds want to know !

Yep as a complete newbie to Wherigo building I'd like to know please. Having just started to TRY and build our first cartridge, I went back to edit the main story line and did the 'save as' bit etc etc, but the emulator will not show the change?