Elements - Earth Compass

CacheAddict.com

Reservations Closing - September 3, 2009

2ATF196-as-f.jpg2ATF196-as-b.jpg

Pictures came out a bit dark. Trust me when I say, "as usual, the coins look better in person".

This was a real colaborative effort. The design was brought to me and I worked on it for a while to get it to what I thought and the original design thought was a reletively nice design. I submitted it to the mint and got artwork back. I was just not 100% on the design and so I took it to one of my favorite designers and she took it to the next level and in doing so I am goign to make a 4 coin set, this being the first of the set. I hope to release one of these everyother month or so until all 4 are made. The enamel colors on the front will change with each and the die for the back will change also.

The front design incorporates the 4 elements as a number of other coins have done. I think the design is where this coin stand out. The details under the translucent enamel for each of the designs is very original and unique.

The back design take the "Earth" elements and creates a small compass rose with a similar design to the front fanning out from there.

• Size: 45mm x 3.5mm thick
  • Editions: Antique Silver, Antique Gold, Gold, Silver (AE - Still to be determined)
  • Designed By: BrierPatch and Jackelgirl
  • Trackable: www.geocaching.com
  • Icon: *If we reach 250 in sales, there will be a unique icon

Reservations Closing - September 3, 2009

Oh I really like this design!

I am on a spending freeze right now but would love to trade if anyone is interested and wants to buy an extra....

I reserved one of each 'cause I couldn't decide which finish I liked more. lol I'll have a couple to trade.

email sent

Mike was kind enough to send me some samples (can't be thankful enough -- they really are gorgeous in "person"), and I shot some photos with my rig. I'm not professional (as you can tell):

Earth-Compass_AS.jpg

Earth Compass -- Antique Silver

Earth-Compass_SG.jpg

Earth Compass -- Gold

Enjoy, and many many thanks for the opportunity to collaborate on this coin. It was great!

Edited to add: the sun's details totally washed out in my photos, but they're clear as a bell in Mike's.

Edited by Jackalgirl

I received one of each in the mail today! They are awesome looking coins. I"ll be keeping the antique gold for my collection, and trading the other three. :P

I got mine yesterday too and was impressed with how much better they look than their pics. Their best quality really is how the light plays on the surfaces below the enamel. Nice job Jackalgirl.

I traded for a few of these recently and they are absolutely beautiful. :lol:

Is it possilbe to get a break down of numbers for each plating and which was designated the LE (if there was one).

Thanks!

I say away from providing number. There was no LE version for this coin.

Well...no need to say how many were sold but if one wanted to list a coin on eBay it would be helpful to know how many were minted for the listing. I didn't realize it was supposed to be a state secret. :smile:

Well...no need to say how many were sold but if one wanted to list a coin on eBay it would be helpful to know how many were minted for the listing. I didn't realize it was supposed to be a state secret. :(

It is not a state secret, I have just choosen not to post numbers for coins I produce.

Is there is going to be a Custom Icon for the coin! The reservation page stated that there would be if there were over 250 sold!

Never mind-found out there is!

Edited by Sunrayers

I have one of these (purchased off eBay) that came with an activation code, but the code doesn't work. Yes, I've tried every configuration of o's; I's; 8's; etc but it won't work.

I went to coincodes.com and the coin is listed in their database under Elements Compass - Earth, but when I enter the tracking number, I get the following message:

We were unable to locate any of your tracking numbers.

HELP? :laughing:

I have one of these (purchased off eBay) that came with an activation code, but the code doesn't work. Yes, I've tried every configuration of o's; I's; 8's; etc but it won't work.

I went to coincodes.com and the coin is listed in their database under Elements Compass - Earth, but when I enter the tracking number, I get the following message:

We were unable to locate any of your tracking numbers.

HELP? :laughing:

Send me the tracking code and I'll look into it. If you could send picture that will help.