Earth Caches

I recently visited a place in Turkey and would like to make it into an earth cache to encourage more people to visit the remote ruins. The trouble is, that when I try to work out 'what type of cache is it' on the input page there is no specific earth cache heading. Do I just place it as a mystery cache or do I have to re join as a premium member?

Any ideas?

FBC

Yes, wot they said, plus you will be asked to give very clear evidence of permission. ;)

Not necessarily! I think this rule is there for US law and not world wide. I have 3 earthcaches, and stated for each of them that they are open to the public and don't require permission to enter the land. Geoaware has been happy with this each time. Given the OP's cache is going to be in Turkey I suggest that the permission part is looked into though.

They are after all virtual caches and permission is solely about trespassing and not placement of a container.

A quote from the Earthcache site:

An EarthCache site is a special place that people can visit to learn about a unique geoscience feature or aspect of our Earth. Visitors to EarthCache sites can see how our planet has been shaped by geological processes, how we manage the resources and how scientists gather evidence to learn about the Earth.

In other words, the Earthcache should take the visitor to see a natural aspect of the Earth - fossils, landforms, volcanoes, cliffs etc and should not be about buildings or "ruins" as the OP has said?

An EarthCache site is a special place that people can visit to learn about a unique geoscience feature or aspect of our Earth. Visitors to EarthCache sites can see how our planet has been shaped by geological processes, how we manage the resources and how scientists gather evidence to learn about the Earth.

In other words, the Earthcache should take the visitor to see a natural aspect of the Earth - fossils, landforms, volcanoes, cliffs etc and should not be about buildings or "ruins" as the OP has said?

He'll never let me forget this, but I have to agree with what Nick has said!!

Not true, I can think of several earthcaches which are at archaeological sites rather than geological sites. I think 'ancient' is the key here.