What do the letters stand for?

That is an abbreviation that should never be used alone in an online cache log, although it is perfectly acceptable in the paper log. It is an abbreviated way to thank the hider for placing the cache.

It actually doesn't thank anyone. It merely documents that the person signed the paper log and made no trade. I doubt that I would ever use it by itself in an online log simply because it doesn't thank the cache owner.

I have no issues with "TNLNSL TFTC" because it does express the cache finder's gratitude.

I have no issues with "TNLNSL TFTC" because it does express the cache finder's gratitude.

What about an online log that is simply "SL"?

The finder signed the log, completing the requirement necessary to submit an online 'find' log.

The message that the cache owner should take from it is that his/her cache is still present and findable.

The finder signed the log, completing the requirement necessary to submit an online 'find' log.

The message that the cache owner should take from it is that his/her cache is still present and findable.

Uh, I thought that icon_smile.gif meant that the cache is still present and findable? The SL portion probably means "I have to write something in this block, or else the system won't let me have the smiley (which incidentally means "cache is still present and findable)."

Uh, I thought that icon_smile.gif meant that the cache is still present and findable? The SL portion probably means "I have to write something in this block, or else the system won't let me have the smiley (which incidentally means "cache is still present and findable)."

'SL' is not just a few random letters that the person tossed in the block. 'SL' stands for 'Signed Log'. The logger is stating that he signed the logbook and, therefore, has met the requirements to submit an online 'find' log.

Since the cache was logged as a find, the cache owner should take from it that the cache is still present and findable.

I hope this helps.

It sure is! Who drives a Buick anymore? ;)

Hey! Listen Bub. If I want to display my collection of 'I'm Retired' caps in the back window of my car I need a Buick, so back off. :D

Now that is advanced planning. A collection of "I'm Retired" caps and an "I'm Retired" car and you have how many decades until you actually retire? ;)

It sure is! Who drives a Buick anymore? ;)

Hey! Listen Bub. If I want to display my collection of 'I'm Retired' caps in the back window of my car I need a Buick, so back off. :D

Now that is advanced planning. A collection of "I'm Retired" caps and an "I'm Retired" car and you have how many decades until you actually retire? ;)

Busted. I tried

B) .

I can top that - received two totally blank logs on my caches this week. Never seen that before. I left them, but wonder if others would.

I think that blank log has more to do with the Bermuda Triangle-like aspects of your cache there, with things disappearing and reappearing and such.

No, my money is on that the cat's online log will re-appear online in 2013.... ;)