Waypoints

cookie365

Does this help?

You have to use Magellan's VantagePoint software.

You need to be a premium member to download gpx files. If you are not a premium member, follow the same procedure using the .loc files, except for the use of pocket queries; and you will not get the info listed at the bottom, only the location of the caches..

You can use either step 2a, 2b or 2c to get the caches from the website in VP.

1. On the page of a cache, click GPX eXchange File and save it to your hard drive; I organized mine into different folders, basically by city(I usually name them the same as on the website; make sure that the file name ends in .gpx)

2a. Upload the .gpx file into Vantage point; from Vantage Point software, click the library tab, select Import to import the file into VP; then select the file from your hard drive. You can only do one file at a time, pain in the butt.

2b. To import multiple gpx files at once, open the folder that contains the gpx files and open VP; click the library tab, then select geocaches(Treasure Chest icon). Select the files(hold down CTRL and click the ones you want; then drag them into VP

2c. Create a Pocket Query; unzip zip it; then import in into VP.

3. Transfer the file to GPSr. Connect your unit the the computer via usb; then from VP, click the MyGps tab. Then Click Transfer From PC to My GPS on the left where it says Snyc. Then a window will popup and to can select waypoints or geocaches; I uncheck both boxes. Then click the plus sign next to geocaches; then chech the boxes next to all the caches you want to transfer; it'll do how many ever you select. Then click OK and let it do it's thing.

What you will get on your Triton is…

1. Name

2. Cache Type

3. Coordinates

4. Distance from current location

5. Hint

6. Short Description

7. Long Description

Changes for V1.60…

Note: VP just did an upgrade to V1.60. Changes are... On step 2 the Library tab is gone, click My Journal on the left side instead of the Library tab. In step3 the MyGPS tab is gone and the icons are at the top. The section that says Sync is where you will find the Transfer From PC to My GPS icon

Does this help?

You need to be a premium member to download gpx files. If you are not a premium member, follow the same procedure using the .loc files, except for the use of pocket queries; and you will not get the info listed at the bottom, only the location of the caches..

1. On the page of a cache, click GPX eXchange File and save it to your hard drive; I organized mine into different folders, basically by city(I usually name them the same as on the website; make sure that the file name ends in .gpx)

2a. Upload the .gpx file into Vantage point; from Vantage Point software, click the library tab, select Import to import the file into VP; then select the file from your hard drive. You can only do one file at a time, pain in the butt.

2b. To import multiple gpx files at once, open the folder that contains the gpx files and open VP; click the library tab, then select geocaches(Treasure Chest icon). Select the files(hold down CTRL and click the ones you want; then drag them into VP

3. Transfer the file to GPSr. Connect your unit the the computer via usb; then from VP, click the MyGps tab. Then Click Transfer From PC to My GPS on the left where it says Snyc. Then a window will popup and to can select waypoints or geocaches; I uncheck both boxes. Then click the plus sign next to geocaches; then chech the boxes next to all the caches you want to transfer; it'll do how many ever you select. Then click OK and let it do it's thing.

1. Name

2. Cache Type

3. Coordinates

5. Hint

6. Short Description

7. Long Description

Changes for V1.60…

Note: VP just did an upgrade to V1.60. Changes are... On step 2 the Library tab is gone, click My Journal on the left side instead of the Library tab. In step3 the MyGPS tab is gone and the icons are at the top. The section that says Sync is where you will find the Transfer From PC to My GPS icon

Thanks that really helped! :(

Does this help?

1. Name

2. Cache Type

3. Coordinates

5. Hint

6. Short Description

7. Long Description

Changes for V1.60…

Couple of questions, has anyone experienced loading the 400 using GSAK. Also how are waypoints removed from the VantagePoint app. I can remove from unit manually, but can not remove from VP.

Thanks,

T

The Tritons are not compatible with GSAK, however, You can store the gpx files in GSAK and run macros. Then export the file to your hard drive. Then import that into VantagePont.

To remove one waypoint or cache from VP...

Click on My Journal

Highlight the file to be deleted

Right click the file

Select Delete

To delete them all...

Click on My Journal

Right click on either heading, Waypoint or Geocaches

Select Delete

Edited by SkellyCA