Multi-stage earthcaches

Puppy Dawg

Powercachers could ignore them, and those interested in better caches than usual could seek them.

So by your definition...those interested in better caches should ignore traditionals and only do multis because they're better, leave the traditionals for all the powercachers...right?

:rolleyes::D:huh:

Is there an ignore feature?? I keep looking for it, but I can't find it. :D

I don't see how that logic plays out. As I read it the assumption is that power cachers won't want to spend the time on a cache with multiple waypoints. If you assume power cachers=numbers cachers, not an unreasonable assumption, then the premise has merit. Many numbers cachers avoid multi caches.

Edit to add - On the top of the page select "My Controls". Scroll down. Near the bottom left select "Manage Ignored Users".

Ignoring things doesn't make them go away.

Edited by gof1

Edit to add - On the top of the page select "My Controls". Scroll down. Near the bottom left select "Manage Ignored Users".

Ignoring things doesn't make them go away.

Thanks very much gof1!

I agree, ignoring them doesn't make them go away...but at least I won't have to read all the nonsense he keeps posting, the rest of you can deal with him while I attempt to regain my sanity.

I don't think there is anything that says an earth cache is limited to one waypoint.

Yeah, there isn't. But a new cachetype for these two parters would be cool. Powercachers could ignore them, and those interested in better caches than usual could seek them.

By their nature, Earthcaches are SUPPOSED to be better than usual, because you might accidentally learn something about Geology.

Sadly, there are many Earthcaches that are nothing beyond virtuals in disguise. Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with a well-done virtual cache.

I think the What the OP means is that there should be two different icons for Earthcaches - one for single location (the Earthcache equivlalent to trad) type Earthcaches, one for multi location (the Earthcache equivalent to multi) type Earthcaches.

An interesting idea which could work and could be done, but is there the demand (or even the need)?

Mike