Cache lost Letterbox found

I had an interesting day today. It started out several weeks ago when a cacher listed a DNF and asked for somebody to confirm if the cache was there or not. The cache owner has been off the site for quite awhile so I figure what the heck I'm close enough. When I got out to the area the cache was in (middle of a clump of trees) it had been clear cut. There was a few trinkets left over from the cache but no cache container. I confirmed the cache and cache area were completely gone with a needs maintenance log. After 3 weeks I figure it may as well get a needs archived because the C/O hasn't logged on for a long time and the entire hiding area is gone. Within several days after my needs archive log , a found it log is logged. Then several more days go by and another cacher posts a found it log. I'm feeling a bit embarrased about posting a needs archived and here folks are finding the cache. What the heck is going on, I was just out there this thing is gone, right? One of the cachers says he found it by a large tree 90ft from the GZ. If I remembered correctly it was the only tree left. Maybe the folks who cut the trees down put the container over by this last remaining tree. So I make another trip out to this area and inspect the tree. Sure enough there sits a cache container, but not like the one I found. I opened the container and find a log book with stamps on each of the pages and towards the end are the logs of the two previous cachers. Luckily I had heard about letterboxing but had never found one until today because of the previous cachers. After doing some research I found out there are 3 more in this area. I just thought it was neat how a missing cache ended up being a found letterbox hide that I had no idea existed until today. The cache number is GCH510 if you want to see the actual logs. Keep in mind that the found it posts were not listed on the cache page even though they are before my archive request date. They must have been on vacation and back logged the found it dates when they got home. Just thought I'd share a unique experience.