I was a muggle, sort of...

ChuckHubbert

We are brand new to GC'ing, so I'm still on a huge uphill learning curve.

I was walking out to my car at work and I saw someone grab a cache. What is the proper etiquette for me to "find" this cache, or should I just leave it alone?

I am chuckling because I park about 30 feet from this cache, and I never had any idea because I hadn't looked for hides near work yet.

Thanks!

Edited by ChuckHubbert

I once met a friend for lunch, a place I had been a dozen times before, and on the way out from lunch wondered...are there any caches nearby?

Pulled out my GPS and turned it on. What do you know...there was one on the stop sign less than 10 feet from my car.

OK...enough of my silly story...back to your question...

Well, you'll need to figure out which cache it is to log it on-line...that's your only remaining challenge at this point. But eventually you would have gotten around to finding/logging it anyway, right? The cat's out of the bag...you know exactly where it is. So you may as well walk over there, open the container, sign the log and then log your find on-line. The only potential glitch in waiting to log it...you never know when I cache may get muggled then disabled/archived...or, simply get archived because the owner quits or moves away. So log it ASAP before it's gone!