Oregon bug

I believe I found a bug running firmware v3.10. I am using a fairly old version of MapSource Metroguide (from 2000 lol) and once I have uploaded the areas I want to the GPS, I cannot search for addresses. The maps themselves show up just fine on the map screen, and I can search for nearest POI's and cities. However, when I try and search for an address, it gets stuck on the "Type State/Province" screen. I have tried entering California every way possible (California, CA, Calif, Cal, Ca, CALIFORNIA, you name it..) and it keeps saying "No results found".

I've already reported the bug to Garmin. Anyone else confirm? ;)

I contacted Garmin on this issue. I have a 400t and an old version of Metroguide Mapsource. I was told the way the older map info is arranged is different than the new ones. For this reason the 400T could not search by address. They recommended getting more recent maps.

tarbaL

I seem to remember using an old version of metroguide on a 60c many years ago. Just got a 550t - the base map of your 400t will be a lot better than the metroguide maps - I wouldn't bother with them. I put the city navigator north america maps on mine for full functionality.

You can navigate to gocaches POI etc you just can not search for an address. The only thing you need to watch out for is that the maps do not know the difference between a major road and a discontinued dirt road. I have had instances where it has put me on older roads that are no longer used.

tarbaL