oregon- can you remove lots of waypoints at a time?

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. However if you have a lot of waypoints that are created as reference points from GPX files (Pocket Queries) then I believe they go away when the GPX goes away. (But I could be wrong).

Also - I just did some looking and here's what I found. The file "Current.GPX" located in the your [GraminDrive]:\Garmin\GPX\Current folder is where user created waypoints, and waypoints that are created as part of Pocket Queries reside.

So - it appears that with some editing of that file (Make a backup before you try) you could in fact remove individual waypoints (or groups) quicker than using the on device method of one at a time.

You can also open this GPX file in Mapsource and then could easily remove large numbers of waypoints then save back to GPX format and copy back over to your device.

Again - I'm not sure how this would work and if there are important waypoints on your device, make a backup copy of your Current.gpx before you start editing manually or with Mapsource just to ensure you don't lose anything valuable.

Good luck,

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. However if you have a lot of waypoints that are created as reference points from GPX files (Pocket Queries) then I believe they go away when the GPX goes away. (But I could be wrong).

Not in my experience with the Colorado 400t. :P

(But I could be wrong...we're talking about an Oregon...or Garmin may have fixed the firmware and I simply haven't confirmed the fix) :lol: