Most caches found in 24 hours - data only

All this about 500+ caches in a day reminds me competitions/challenges for stuffing the most amount of food down your throat in the shortest amount of time - they don't appreciate the flavour/taste of the food... - I bet they didn't take much notice of the surroundings or perhaps collect any rubbish...

Last week, I spotted a seal on the walk to one of the caches, I was also looking out for birdies, flowers (got annoyed because someone had ripped up some orchids).

I did 3 caches in a day on Saturday- I even got stung by stinging nettles retrieving some bags of rubbish. I didn't have a spare bag on me yesterday otherwise I would have collected more than 4 items of rubbish (which I passed to someone in a caravan park to put in their bin).

I imagine some of that stuff happens though when logging finds and you haven't had a lot of time to do so, and you're in a hurry, and you forget to change the date on your logs to the actual day you did something, so you log multiple days at one time under the guise of one day.

But if that's an ACTUAL record, then I must ask:

WHAT THE HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP??? HOW IN THE NAME OF PAUL BUNYAN IS THAT EVEN FRIGGING POSSIBLE???

were they physical caches? that's insane. have to be all traditionals. could you even sign a log that many times in a day? it would involve no looking.

Let's say you actually planned to do a 24 hour cache and rested up for it.

Well that's 16.9 caches an hour. That's 3.55 minutes per cache. With the time it takes to sign the log, that's 2.55 minutes for driving and finding. I just don't see how that's possible, even doing a 24 hour caching trip. It generally takes me 3 minutes to drive from cache to cache, and that's JUST driving. Finding takes anywhere from between 30 seconds to 3 minutes usually, on average, with usually a 5 second find on an LPC.

How is that even a possible day?

I totally agree, I did the mathematics too. It is impossible, also taking in account the rules of obligatory distance between caches.

We've been doing this "geocaching" thing for almost 10 years now.

That's gotta be a World Record. :(

Anyways, I was wondering who holds the World Record for

"The most Geocaches found in 24 hours".

If you know a record higher than the one listed here, just list it.

Thanks

Please don't debate or drag this thread down with discussions about why or why not.

Please don't debate anything else here either.

Keep it simple, please.

406 finds in 24 hours - dndsterns, chefstern, coloradoOB on May 9, 2009

What I want to know is how many 5/5 caches can you find in 24 hours?

Hmmm?

Yes, really.

OK, let's make it 3/3 or above...

That's gotta be a World Record. :(

Thanks

Please don't debate or drag this thread down with discussions about why or why not.

Keep it simple, please.

What I want to know is how many 5/5 caches can you find in 24 hours?

Hmmm?

Yes, really.

OK, let's make it 3/3 or above...

Well that would be a new record category and as near as I can tell, one that has no official endorsement.

If we ain't fairly careful in here, we is gonna fill the trophy case at GS HQ in WA, to over-flowing.

Do you know if anyone has created a 3/3 or greater Power Trail?

BTW, are you by chance, the current record holder in this new category?

Edited by Team Cotati

That's gotta be a World Record. :laughing:

Thanks

Keep it simple, please.

liz and bruce have found 815 caches on 15/08/11

Edited by donidoode

That's gotta be a World Record. :laughing:

Thanks

Keep it simple, please.

liz and bruce have found 815 caches on 15/08/11

815 :blink: ? That's a half day on the E.T. Highway. :laughing::rolleyes:

I thought there was a thread some time in the past year where 1,100+ in one day were done.

I guess a better question would be - Record as: Individual OR Team.

My personal high, in one day is a paltry 80 something, which was major suckage to enter the logs for. Not going to best that one for some time.

So, does anyone know what the record is for most finds in a 24 hour time using the traditional geocaching format?

This would mean that the whole team stays together during the finding of caches. They arrive to ground zero at once (at least in eyeshot of it), locate the cache, sign,/sticker/stamp the log, and then rehide the cache back like they found it.

So, does anyone know what the record is for most finds in a 24 hour time using the traditional geocaching format?

This would mean that the whole team stays together during the finding of caches. They arrive to ground zero at once (at least in eyeshot of it), locate the cache, sign,/sticker/stamp the log, and then rehide the cache back like they found it.

I recall seeing a log from someone that did the E.T. trail by themselves on a motorcycle and had something like 753 finds in a day.

I'd be curious to see the record for non-trail, non-series finds in a 24 hour period...just one person out on a mission to collect smilies the old fashioned way. Actually having to look in a unique spot for every cache, for a unique cache every time. Variable terrain and difficulty.

But I'm sure there's probably no real reliable way of tracking that...

Edited by J Grouchy

I think it's 7. Yes, it's been confirmed at 7.

I had heard about that 7 cache run as well. I was totally amazed until i found out that the number was later corrected to 6. This was because one of the team members fessed up that he was not present when one of the finds was made. I think i heard that he was aways from the rest of the team doing some kind of business in the bushes or something like that. :P

I think it's 7. Yes, it's been confirmed at 7.

I had heard about that 7 cache run as well. I was totally amazed until i found out that the number was later corrected to 6. This was because one of the team members fessed up that he was not present when one of the finds was made. I think i heard that he was aways from the rest of the team doing some kind of business in the bushes or something like that. :P

Pffft, there a Germans that found 10 without leaving the house.