How to add Stat Page

lotboy

How do I add my statistics within my profile ? I can't seem to figure it out. I see the place to add a stat bar only.

It's a third-party sort of thing. You can use GSAK (Windows), GCStatistic (Mac), or one of the various web pages that will do it for you like MyGeocachingProfile.com (which is what I use).

Before they can give you cool statistics to put on your profile, you need to go to your pocket queries on geocaching.com<http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/> and ask for the MyFinds file to be sent to you. You can get this file sent once a week. Then you upload this to your chosen tool and they give you stats you can put on your profile.

I know that's over-easy and light on details. If you want to know more about any individual step within it, just ask.

Carolyn

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

i am haveing trouble with mygeocachingprofile.com when i browse and find my PQ's i upload it and it says this: Invalid Pocket Query file. Please upload an official My Finds Pocket Query file from www.geocaching.com. and my PQ's came from geocaching.com im confused lol HELP

Did you unzip it? It seems counter-intuitive to me, but you must upload the zipped file you get from Groundspeak and not the unzipped version. Try that.

Carolyn

It sounds to me like you are running a pocket query and naming it my finds.

The site actually requires the "My Finds" pocket query that the site sets up.

You can find it at the bottom of the Pocket Query page. It can only be run once a week. Don't rename it or anything when you receive it. Just upload that file to the site.

i hate to ask but do you have yahoo messenger or some kind of IM so maybe you could talk me through it if not its no problem thanks

Strange to say, but the only IM I use these days is one for work and iChat with my beloved when we're working a puzzle cache together and need to send info. However, you are free to use my email as a chat mechanism. Go to my profile page and email me from there and I'll respond. It would help if you would send me your zip file and I'll take a look.

Carolyn

it was just confusing to me will the stats update on there on or will i have to export to html and past into my account page every now and then ?

You will have to get a Myfinds query and upload it and then export to HTML and revise your account page each time you want to update your stats. You can only do this once per week, though. If I only have one find in a week, I will sometimes wait until the next week to update stats.

Carolyn