The 'Art of Geocaching'

Tavisman

I'm planning a small Geocache Event with a slight twist. I'm booking a day in an art gallery and I will be organising an 'Art of Geocaching' event, whereby I intend to display creative and artistic talents used in Geocaching. This may be a geo-quilt, a painted ammo box, a home-crafted signature item, spectacular or humorous photos, a geocoin etc. in fact anything to do with Geocaching where a great detail of artistic talent had been used.

The event is to take place end of October or early November, I haven't finalised a date yet. The gallery is in Worcester, England. However, the gallery is empty and as yet I only have one exhibit. So I'm asking through the forums for help.

I would like to know if anyone would like to send me an exhibit. For photographs send me a hi-resolution photograph via email. I will chose a few photos and mount them onto canvass; this will be given to the contributor after the event.

For more 'solid' objects, I will also return the exhibit after the event; no return postage is necessary but it would be appreciated. If you near Worcester, England you can leave your contribution at the gallery doors.

I intend to leave a small comment book next to each exhibit, so visitors can add comments. I will gladly return the comment book with the exhibit as a memento and a thank-you.

If you want more details and postal addresses please contact me through my profile page.

I'm planning a small Geocache Event with a slight twist. I'm booking a day in an art gallery and I will be organising an 'Art of Geocaching' event, whereby I intend to display creative and artistic talents used in Geocaching. This may be a geo-quilt, a painted ammo box, a home-crafted signature item, spectacular or humorous photos, a geocoin etc. in fact anything to do with Geocaching where a great detail of artistic talent had been used.

The event is to take place end of October or early November, I haven't finalised a date yet. The gallery is in Worcester, England. However, the gallery is empty and as yet I only have one exhibit. So I'm asking through the forums for help.

I would like to know if anyone would like to send me an exhibit. For photographs send me a hi-resolution photograph via email. I will chose a few photos and mount them onto canvass; this will be given to the contributor after the event.

For more 'solid' objects, I will also return the exhibit after the event; no return postage is necessary but it would be appreciated. If you near Worcester, England you can leave your contribution at the gallery doors.

I intend to leave a small comment book next to each exhibit, so visitors can add comments. I will gladly return the comment book with the exhibit as a memento and a thank-you.

If you want more details and postal addresses please contact me through my profile page.

Wow! That is a UNIQUE idea. Very, VERY cool. :laughing:;):) I wish it was an event that I could actually attend.

I suck at getting packages off but I might send you something.

I'd at least like to help get you some exhibits from Texas. There are some very artistic people in my local community, so I think I'll link this thread at hgcs.org and texasgeocaching.com.

I wish you the best of luck on your event and KUDOS for doing something truly original!

Edited by Snoogans

I quoted you in my Blog.. http://cachecache.twoday.net/stories/the-art-of-geocaching/

Greetings

cachecache

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I have a large digital display available on the day so I can loop through a selection of photographs that people send me. I have would love some signature items as well, it may even give visitors some inspiration to create their own.

Hi everyone.

I just want to say a big thank you to all those people who have sent me an exhibit for the exhibition. Your contributions and messages of encouragement have been overwhelming and most appreciated. Keep them coming…

I'm a bit light on wooden nickels, pathtags, signature cards, and signature items. Do you have anything to loan to the exhibition? In return you will receive photos of visitors at your exhibit, comments, and a exclusive 'Art of Geocaching' wooden nickel.

Send exhibits to:

The Art of Geocaching Event

The Pitt Studio

62 Chestnut Walk

Worcester WR1 1PR

United Kingdom

Please be sure to mark your package with 'The Art of Geocaching', and don't forget to leave a return address.

Or via email: info@pittstudio.com

I would just like to offer out another thank you to all those geocachers who have contributed to the exhibition. I'm organising the exhibits now, I have set the late date for exhibits at Sunday October 11, 2009.

I have just started to get through the next load of parcels…

Thank you ckpetrus for your hand-crafted poker chip signature item. I'll add a little text and the associated photos to this poke chip on the display.

Lovely wooden nickels from sarahbelle are going to be great addition to the wooden nickel exhibit. Thank you.

I'm still sorting through the parcels, so there will be for thanks to follow…

Thank you to all for contributions and vistors to the 'Art of Geocaching' event. Just over 50 visitors turned up, there was a queue at the start and then a contanst stream of visitors throughout the day.

There were some teething problems at first and not all exhibits made it into the gallery. This is due to lack of planning of my part and I apolgise for this. However, the exhibits available on the day were well receieved. For my first time to host an event, I was pleased with the way it went. Visitors also welcomed a day-time event which was a change from an evening meeting in a bar/restaurant, this was especially true for geocacehers with geokids.

This is a break from the norm, and a first of its type, so if I hold another similar event or anyone else wishes to organise a similar one I have loads of tips and gothcha's to be aware of. I'm pleased to offer my support on this.

I will be contacting all the contritors now to confirm the details of the return of their contributions. I will also send back some mementos of the event.