Jeep Travel Bugs

jamalone

Might want to write a polite letter to Fiat, asking if they might wish to continue this highly entertaining promotion.
I hope they do. I've been hoping to find a Jeep TB.

The only way to find a jeep TB around here is to go to an event and discover the ones horded by the local self-appointed jeep custodians. :laughing:

Hoarding TBs? Criminal I say....

Perhaps in the letter of suggestion to Fiat you may also want to suggest setting certain parameters that is benificial to both cachers and the company - IE if a geocacher holds onto the TB for longer than (enter predetermined lentgh of time here) they are disqualified from the contest.

That way, more people get to access the TB, and the company gets more advertising as a result of more people being involved... Just a thought....

Might want to write a polite letter to Fiat, asking if they might wish to continue this highly entertaining promotion.

The only way to find a jeep TB around here is to go to an event and discover the ones horded by the local self-appointed jeep custodians. :laughing:

If the only way to find a Jeep TB is at events, then why have I found a couple red Jeep TBs in common ol' caches?

Found a red Jeep out in the middle of farmland in IA about a week ago. Dropped it in another cache 2 days ago. It was quickly picked up 2 days later. They seem to show up when least expected.

Since we began caching we've only found 1 yellow & 1 red Jeep TB. Both are still going strong! :laughing:

Are people still hoarding those things? People used to hoard them and keep them when they were plentiful, I couldn't even imagine right now. ;) I kind of forgot all about them, I haven't noticed one in my area in ages. I'll bet lots of noobs, unless they are really into Geocaching big time, don't even know of their existence.

Are people still hoarding those things? People used to hoard them and keep them when they were plentiful, I couldn't even imagine right now. ;) I kind of forgot all about them, I haven't noticed one in my area in ages. I'll bet lots of noobs, unless they are really into Geocaching big time, don't even know of their existence.

I didn't know the Jeeps were so special. I found a red one on my first caching trip on the mainland. I felt bad for holding it for a while but did end up putting it in a different cache, moving it about 300 miles.

If the only way to find a Jeep TB is at events, then why have I found a couple red Jeep TBs in common ol' caches?

Believe him, hoarding was a serious problem with these things. So much so that TPTB had to quietly change the way they were distributed. It went from giving them to reviewers and Geocaching organizations to hand out at events, to mailing them to people who requested them and were lucky enough to get one, along with a "promise" they would place them in the wild in Geocaches. Then of course someone would just find one in a cache in the wild and keep them. ;)

Perhaps in the letter of suggestion to Fiat you may also want to suggest setting certain parameters that is benificial to both cachers and the company - IE if a geocacher holds onto the TB for longer than (enter predetermined lentgh of time here) they are disqualified from the contest.

That way, more people get to access the TB, and the company gets more advertising as a result of more people being involved... Just a thought....

I am pretty sure that Criminal never hoarded any jeep travel bugs. But I could be wrong. ;)

I am pretty sure that Criminal never hoarded any jeep travel bugs. But I could be wrong. ;)

My first thought as well. ;)

Probably not a bad idea to just start some of your own.

Get some dog tag travel bugs and some toy Jeeps from the Toys Am Us and string them together with your own little document proclaiming your individuality and mission.

Ah, but when Crysler owned Jeep they sued anyone and everyone using the jeep name without permission (those who were not paying a royalty) So until we see what Fiat will do, you may wish to call them "4 wheeled, easy to break if used as off-road vehicles that cost too much to begin with for the crap you get" Travel Bugs

Just a thought.

I have a green Jeep, the tag was taken (or lost) at an event and I still have the Jeep sitting on my desk, to see if the tag picks back up. Thinking about it, I should make a paper tag and get it moving...

I have only found 925 caches so far and had yet to ever discover a single jeep travelbug until a week or two ago when the cache across the road from my house (on my watch list) had a green jeep tb dropped into it. To say I was a little giddy is an understatement. I practically knocked the door down to run over to scarf it up. I have it in my possession now and will drop it off into the cache I have earmarked for my 1000th find to commemorate the day.