Is there a place in the forums to advertise GC related wares?

bittsen

I have a few GC related items/services I would like to advertise to fellow GCers but wonder if it is aganst any rules to do so, and wonder if there is a proper thread to do such.

I know there is a GPS garage sale area. Is that strictly for selling GPS units?

The GPS Garage Sale is for the personal sale of items -- not for commercial sellers. See the pinned thread at the top of that section of the forums.

Please also consult the general forum guidelines:

8. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: It is Groundspeak's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to the activity of geocaching and GPS usage. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion.

So, you would want to write to Groundspeak, describe exactly what you want to do, and ask for permission.

Thank you very much for checking in advance. I dislike having to hide commercial material. I very much like helping people who ask first.

I think your old GPS, mount, maps etc.. are fine in that thead.

What type of services are you offering? knowing that may help pepole to inform as to whether they are allowed or not, obviously other listing site aren't allowd, though I would ask GSP first about anything else as per the terms of use: http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

Pepole do seen to do it and I suspect they might get away with posting a link as a one of thing related to the topic in hand.

E-mail the contact @ address or if anyone else has and idea?

Edit: keystone got there first.

Edited by Wintonian

I think your old GPS, mount, maps etc.. are fine in that thead.

What type of services are you offering? knowing that may help pepole to inform as to whether they are allowed or not, obviously other listing site aren't allowd, though I would ask GSP first about anything else as per the terms of use: http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

Pepole do seen to do it and I suspect they might get away with posting a link as a one of thing related to the topic in hand.

E-mail the contact @ address or if anyone else has and idea?

Edit: keystone got there first.

It was just going to be cache containers and/or personalized geoswag.

If I do it I guess I will just use Ebay or something.