Geocaching and Sony Erricson W995

GerritS

OK I did it my N95 was becoming Critical to many caches, pubs and sailing...

It was time for a replacement the N97 seemed to have to many faults so it was time for another phone. I Have gone for the SE W995 and I cannot find any caching software out ther for it... Any advice?

So far I cannot even get Geocaching live running...

I have good GPS for caching but phone is always usefull for new caches etc...

Any advise most apprechiated.

Thanks

Gerrit

I also got the w995 and live geocaching doesn't work, the GPS Signal is not avaliable. In the Navigator the chip works...

I also cannot close the programm, when I click exit, nothing happens...

I loved this Software on my N95 8GB, it worked perfectly. Why does it not work on my SE W995 ????

I also got the w995 and live geocaching doesn't work, the GPS Signal is not avaliable. In the Navigator the chip works...

I also cannot close the programm, when I click exit, nothing happens...

I loved this Software on my N95 8GB, it worked perfectly. Why does it not work on my SE W995 ????

How long ago did I post this... Long story I ended up with E75 OK phone for caching although now have Origon so thats prime caching device...

Have found software called Geoshrine This might work? Cannot remember if there are issues with SMartGPX?

Us phone cachers should start a list of all phone caching software.. With reviews?....

Would be use full to all?

Blorenges would you be interested for Follow the Arrow?

I use trekbuddy my self on my lg renoir (kc910) can be abit annoying at times but when you get use to it. Its simple enough.I just tried that geoshrine but for some reason it looks funny on my phone I edited the mnf file to change the settings of the java to allow full screen.Ill try it today.

Edited by ChrisSK12

I use trekbuddy my self on my lg renoir (kc910) can be abit annoying at times but when you get use to it. Its simple enough.I just tried that geoshrine but for some reason it looks funny on my phone I edited the mnf file to change the settings of the java to allow full screen.Ill try it today.

Me too for trekbuddy, on an ageing k750i with a bluetooth GPSr. A bit "self service"; you have to put your own maps on, and it doesn't connect to the internet to pull down cache details. But it works, and is a very cheap solution which is certainly better than my old eTrex.

Matt

Geocaching live works now on my SE W995, I can close the programm and the GPS Chip is avaliable after a few seconds (the signal)

It didn't work because of a branding...

But my N95 is better because its signal is exacter, the W995 actualises its signal about every 10 seconds or more, the N95 nearly every second or less.

All in all: SE W995 is not good for geocaching because it's not very exact. The N95 is very exact.

Edited by Th3R4PT0R

I used TrekBuddy as my prime GPS for a while on a SE C902 and K750 after my PDA Broke. It was good for getting near the cache, but I found the update too slow and DNF'd a much higher proportion than usual.

I still use Trekbuddy for the mapping (use Mobile Atlas Creator to make personalised maps) and paperless caching as I now have an Etrex Vista, so no cache details on that. And an advantage is that, with a blutooth GPS, I can let the little one 'find' the cache with the GPS, knowing we're headed right.

For free software, it is trully brilliant. And it doesn't use a data connection. It has its quirks, but they're easy to get used to.