Openwig audio on Nokia phone

vphakli

it should work, afaik.

1. which cartridge are you trying?

2. check that your phone is not in silent mode ;e) java applications can't play sound when silent mode is on

3. try to load some wav sounds onto the phone and use them as a ringtone. if your phone can't play the wavs natively, openwig won't be able to play them

4. if wav files don't work but mp3s do, you can try the Wherigo optimizer. there is an option to convert all sounds to mp3.

That is my new unpublished Cartridge and it works well in my Colorado GPS ofcourse in other audio format (.fdl). So I have added wav file to the media list with fdl files. N95 plays wav files with audio player normally and it is not in silent mode.

I'll try mp3 via Optimizer if I first understand the reason why wav's are not working :D

it should work, afaik.

1. which cartridge are you trying?

2. check that your phone is not in silent mode ;e) java applications can't play sound when silent mode is on

3. try to load some wav sounds onto the phone and use them as a ringtone. if your phone can't play the wavs natively, openwig won't be able to play them

4. if wav files don't work but mp3s do, you can try the Wherigo optimizer. there is an option to convert all sounds to mp3.

A new installation of the newest version helped and I've found my first Wherigo!

Thx for the great work!!!

There is only one little thing I was not glad about it.

I talked to the cache owner and he told me that I should be able to see the tasks within a radius of 20m. But I had to walk to 0m every station. Know what I mean? Is this a "missing feature"?

pretty much what you said. the software shows you distance to the border of a zone (or zero when you're inside), which itself can be 20m wide (or 40, if 20 is really the radius)

also, for some reason, in Wherigo all GPS imprecisions are much more important than in geocaching. or more precisely, it's the other way round - geocaching doesn't seem to be affected by GPS imprecision as much as it theoretically should be, while Wherigo is. that's why the zones need to be at least 20m wide for reliable activation.

i'll look at the cartridge later and tell you what you should have experienced, and then you'll tell me what really happened ;e) if you had logging enabled, now would be a good time to post the log here (it's a file named cartridgename.gwl in the same directory as the cartridge).