Logging finds without a computer

Is there any way I can log my finds without a computer, i.e via a text.

I only ask as i'm off camping next week and plan alot of caching whilst away, but won't be able to log my finds or any trackables. This hasn't been a problem before but when i went out the other day I came back to find someone had found a cache after me but logged it before me and moaned that the trackable was the wrong one. They stilled logged the trackable as found which meant i couldn't marked it as dropped. I then recieved a moaning email from the trackables owner that their path had been disrupted.

Any help, I do have an Iphone so not sure if i can with that

Is there any way I can log my finds without a computer, i.e via a text.

I only ask as i'm off camping next week and plan alot of caching whilst away, but won't be able to log my finds or any trackables. This hasn't been a problem before but when i went out the other day I came back to find someone had found a cache after me but logged it before me and moaned that the trackable was the wrong one. They stilled logged the trackable as found which meant i couldn't marked it as dropped. I then recieved a moaning email from the trackables owner that their path had been disrupted.

Any help, I do have an Iphone so not sure if i can with that

Not sure about the logging (but have seen it done by phone before), a simple solution for the bugs are to leave a note in the flip or put the coin/TB in a baggie with a note saying when you'll be able to drop it correctly. Knowing that some will not read the note or simply disregard it, another solution is to simply grab the trackable away from whomever has it and put it in the right cache on the right date, then sending a note to the person you grabbed it from and tell them the situation asking them to fix their mess (nicely of course lol). Letting that person know waiting a few days to weeks for an unlogged trackable to be logged is proper etiquette might help in future situations as well!!

...I do have an Iphone so not sure if i can with that
Yes, you can simply log onto the GeoCaching website from your phone to log your finds. As long as you're in cellular data range.

There's no reason to use the http://wap.geocaching.com site either, the iPhone screen is big enough to use the regular http://www.geocaching.com website. In fact, the regular site is somewhat easier to use because Groundspeak hasn't set up the wap site with the iPhone in mind -- so you have to constantly re-size things to get them to a readable size :D

Which reminds me, I meant to suggest that to them. Off to the other forum I go...

Edited by lee_rimar