Garmin 60Cx or Oregon 200?

MicheleBe

Hello,

I've been Geocaching for a few weeks now with my Nuvi 350 and have decided to buy a handheld GPS. I was going to get the Garmin 60Cx, but when I got to Costco they were out of that model and had the Oregon 200 for $20 more than what the 60Cx would cost. Now I don't know if I should get the Oregon, or go to Walmart for the 60Cx.

So, I am wondering if you had to choose between these uniits, which would you buy?

Many thanks,

Michele

I recently got a 60Cx and have been extremely happy with it so far. I upgraded from my car GPS, a Garmin c340 and have been blown away by how far GPSs have advanced :D I found this review pretty helpful when making my decision: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=160389

I didn't consider the Oregon 200 since I'm a big fan of buttons over touch screens! (And I wouldn't want that nagging feeling that I have the lowest end Oregon model!)

Edited by DefaultGen

Both are good. I think the 60CSX is a better all around unit, but the Oregon offers paperless caching, which is nice. You can load entire cache pages to the Oregon. Can't do that with a 60CSX.

There have been some complaints about the readability of the Oregon's screen in sunlight and the 60CSX has an edge with reception.

Bottom line, I'd say that if you just want it for geocaching, get the Oregon. If you are a serious outdoors person who will use it for hiking, hunting, backpacking, trail mapping, etc. then get the 60CSX.