Selling Geocoins

DefaultGen

I've seen people all over the internet selling geocoins. Now I suppose I can assume these are all "new" geocoins that are meant to be put into circulation, but I doubt that. What's with the sale of them?

Yes, some of them may already be activated and the seller then sends you an adoption request. There are also many for sale that have never been activated. Make sure to read the whole description & if it's not stated... ask.

Keep an eye out in the forum for cachers who are selling coins. Much easier & sometimes even cheaper. :D

I've seen people all over the internet selling geocoins. Now I suppose I can assume these are all "new" geocoins that are meant to be put into circulation, but I doubt that. What's with the sale of them?

If you are wondering whether the coins you see for sale have been stolen from caches the answer is no 99.99% of the time. If you see an activated geocoin for sale, the seller will be the owner of the coin. A lot of people like to activate their geocoins even though they don't intend to place them in caches. Having said this, there have been a few cases of stolen coins being sold on ebay so if buying an activated coin make sure the seller can provide adoption.

You will see some coins listed on ebay with the term "new" in the title. This can mean any number of things but usually it means unactivated OR recently released & unactivated OR simply in new condition.

Edited by haysonics