Status on Field Notes

South Lyon Trekkers

I just logged a bunch of caches using field notes and noticed something - not sure if has been brought up before...

On the field notes screen - several of the caches sowed an incorrect find date - but when you click to post a log - it is the correct date. Those few that were off were off by just 1 day.

I just logged a bunch of caches using field notes and noticed something - not sure if has been brought up before...

On the field notes screen - several of the caches sowed an incorrect find date - but when you click to post a log - it is the correct date. Those few that were off were off by just 1 day.

Probably a time zone error when calculating/displaying the date.

GMT vs. local time. The conversion probably isn't being done for display on the Field Notes page.

GMT vs. local time. The conversion probably isn't being done for display on the Field Notes page.

My thoughts as well....

sorry for hijacking this thread, but my topic fits quite well:

I was asking myself where the piece of information is stored which is used to generate the "ignore field notes before date" click button.

That used to work very smart and easy: I connected my OR, started the upload field notes function, select the file, - the "ignore field notes before date"-check mark is set and I uploaded the new notes since the last upload.

I am experiencing trouble with this function since roundabout 4 weeks: if I try to upload my newest field notes, this option is no longer offered to me and the webpage is uploading my complete geocache_visits.txt file.

I deleted the geocache_visits file, but this didnt bring any advance, I tried it with different computers and browsers, no difference.

First I thought that some piece of information about the last upload process must be saved somewhere on the OR or in the browser but there is strong evidence that this is not the case. So how does this recognition works? Or, how can I get my problem solved?

thanks and best regrds,

Edited by DocW