Thanks to the Weston Mega Event Committee!

Von-Horst

:)

Many thanks to all those who planned the Mega and all those unsung heroes who worked so hard over the weekend to make the it truly fantastic - we had a great time!

We've not noticed a specific 'Thank You' thread yet, so apologies if we've missed it!

Many, many thanks for a fantastic weekend,

Mike & Helen

We would also like to add our thanks to the Weston Super Mega team for a great week. All the events we attended seemed to run effortlessly which goes to prove how much work must have gone on in the past few months in preparation From the man caught up in the flash mob who hadn't a clue what geocaching was but it looked like we were having fun so he joined in to the Bun & Brew in the drizzle, a great weekend meeting lots of old friends and making lots of new ones

Look out Scotland the countdown to invasion has started :D

Edited to add a link to the KiteCam pics from the Beach event Linky Thing

Edited by fuzzybears

I'm adding my thanks to everyone who worked so hard, on all the Weston-ish Mega-related events, this past week. I had a wonderful time; met some old enemies, made some new ones... :):D

With near-perfect weather, a £15pn B&B, four nights 'Urban Camping' (aka sleeping in the car) and a new Mega icon for my profile, plus some genuine CITOing and my first Wherigo, another island visited and cleared of caches, 50ish found in total, a tour of Wells and Glastonbury too... Well, who could ask for more? :P

We got home late last night after a very eventful few days in and around Weston. Still logging but the Mega was actually my 9 :):P th find!

Many, many thanks to all concerned in the planning and execution of the main event and the satellite events. We really enjoyed ourselves. :P

Special thanks to everyone who attended the accessible caching session, it was great to see such enthusiasm :blink:

Unfortunately, I somehow missed getting a feedback form ... is there such a thing online or a suggestions box for next time? :D

It was great to meet up with so many other cachers, old and new, and swap stories etc. To everyone who showed interest in our latest addition from Cancer & Bio Detection Dogs, thank you, and we'll give you the heads up when he makes his tv debut ;)

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

..snip

Unfortunately, I somehow missed getting a feedback form ... is there such a thing online or a suggestions box for next time? :D

..snip

There wasn't a feedback form on the day, but we will be sorting out an online one soon. However, please feel free to email any suggestions (via the cache page profile email) or put feedback in our Mega2 forums (link ) - we are grateful for all feedback as it will help the Mega events in the future.

First off I'd like to personally thank the Organising Committee for the blood, sweat, tears and panic they have had over the last 12 months. Which produced a fantastic event.

Secondly the Huge No of Volunteers who helped things run so smoothly, your all Stars.

Thirdly all those who gave up their time to present the Lectures, from the feedback I personally heard you all did a fantastic job. Take a Pat on the back.

Fourthly the Traders, The GAGB Committee and Volunteer Members who gave up their Time. The staff from the National Trust, who I hope got a lot of good feed back. And the Scottish Mega Committee for travelling so far, and doing such a great job.

I'd also like to thank Shauna who was the perfect Groundspeak Representative. [Jeremy if you read this, she deserves a pay rise, especially for being such a great sport :D :D :rolleyes:: ]

And Finally to every one who attended, without all of you. We wouldn't have a Mega Event, let alone such a brilliant one

Thank you everyone for such a memorable day! See you all in Perth next year :D

Deci

Just a reminder....

We still have two unclaimed Mega raffle prizes with no names on the tickets

'Pink 88' or 'White 487'

If you have either of these tickets please contact Maple Leaf (mapleleaf@mega2.org.uk or via my GC profile) to claim your prize.

Prizes must be claimed by 25th August.

..snip

..snip

There wasn't a feedback form on the day, but we will be sorting out an online one soon. <snip>

Oh well that wouldexplain why I didn't get one then wouldn't it? LOL

Can't you tell I am so conditioned to filling in feedback forms at large gatherings I feel cheated when I don't? :rolleyes::wub::D:D:D