Baggies for micro caches

Ateam-KY

I am not sure if there was a topic for this or not, but I would like to know if there is a web site somewhere or anyone know of any places we can get some little baggies for micro caches. The logs of the caches I have hidden are getting moist, I am told. I thought the container I used was very water tight and mounted where water wouldn't run into it... but apparently is still is getting moist....

Just want some small baggies, something I can roll the log up and place in a baggie and slide into the small nickle diameter cylinder.

Anyone have a suggestion... :wub:

God Bless and Happy Caching...

I am not sure if there was a topic for this or not, but I would like to know if there is a web site somewhere or anyone know of any places we can get some little baggies for micro caches. The logs of the caches I have hidden are getting moist, I am told. I thought the container I used was very water tight and mounted where water wouldn't run into it... but apparently is still is getting moist....

Just want some small baggies, something I can roll the log up and place in a baggie and slide into the small nickle diameter cylinder.

Anyone have a suggestion... :)

I just googled "small ziplock bags" and this was toward the top of the page:

Restockit.com

Anyone have a suggestion... :)

I have found them at Flea Markets. When ever the Flea Market comes to Louisville, KY at the fair grounds I usually go there to look around and have always run across the small baggies.

Head shops usually have them. You might not want the ones with the pretty leafs on it. I know it looks like a camo ziplock but those are pot leaves man. Sometimes you can get them 1" x 1" square with no picks. If they say they don't have them ask them how they sell screens. Sometimes you'll get a little baggy with the purchase of a few screens. Usually .10 each. Well that's what I heard or read somewhere's anyways. I've never been to such a place before. I never really needed a "tobacco water pipe". Swizzle

I've gotten 2 mil baggies from eBay. All sizes, shop around for best price.

I've also found 2 mil and 4 mil baggies from royalbags.com but never ordered from them. Minimum quantity for the smaller bags is 1000.

In bulk the 2x2 or 2x3 should be around 1 to 2 cents per, shipped. The JoAnn's price looks very attractive for such small quantities.

Oh, and don't bother with the 1x1. They're not much good for anything :)

Snack baggies always seem to fit the small notebooks very nicely but a bit tight. They work but don't hold up to repeated cachers. What dimensions do you need for your micro cache? Please don't say nano. Swizzle

I was just looking for probably a 2"x2" something I could put a micro log in....I had a full sheet of paper for logging, but I think I will start using my self made micro logs which are half sheets (cut in columns) I think I can make the 2"x2" baggies work...

Thanks everyone for your replies... I will hit some craft stores and 'wally world' and see what they have.

God Bless

Snack baggies always seem to fit the small notebooks very nicely but a bit tight. They work but don't hold up to repeated cachers. What dimensions do you need for your micro cache? Please don't say nano. Swizzle

I was just looking for probably a 2"x2" something I could put a micro log in....I had a full sheet of paper for logging, but I think I will start using my self made micro logs which are half sheets (cut in columns) I think I can make the 2"x2" baggies work...

Thanks everyone for your replies... I will hit some craft stores and 'wally world' and see what they have.

God Bless

Head shops usually have them. You might not want the ones with the pretty leafs on it. I know it looks like a camo ziplock but those are pot leaves man. Sometimes you can get them 1" x 1" square with no picks. If they say they don't have them ask them how they sell screens. Sometimes you'll get a little baggy with the purchase of a few screens. Usually .10 each. Well that's what I heard or read somewhere's anyways. I've never been to such a place before. I never really needed a "tobacco water pipe". Swizzle

Heh heh :D It's OK, we won't tell :drama:

If you want to make zip lock bags last longer, put a little tape on either end of the plastick lock part. It will help stop the bag from tearing when it's opened. If you put a little tape on the bottom corners too you may be able to prevent the bags from tearing there too.

If you want to make zip lock bags last longer, put a little tape on either end of the plastick lock part. It will help stop the bag from tearing when it's opened. If you put a little tape on the bottom corners too you may be able to prevent the bags from tearing there too.

And then there are caches where the baggie is the entire container. Wrap a baggie in camo duct tape and call it a cache!

And then there are caches where the baggie is the entire container. Wrap a baggie in camo duct tape and call it a cache!

Already found 2 of those this year. One was a little more creative. They used burap and something to stiffen it and then wrapped it in camo duct tape. Swizzle

One other thought, instead of baggies...how about "Rite in the Rain" log sheets or similar? We picked up some waterproof notebooks at a local dollar store, and those sheets are pretty good...and cheaper than the rite in the rain ones.

I'd like to know which dollar store you got those from. Maybe I can get one of our local dollar stores to order some. Is there any particular name brand of any kind on them? Swizzle

Uline.com, 2 x 2" 2 Mil Reclosable Bags-1,000/carton, $9.00. Share with others in your area for that price.

Erm, you'd need to get 25 or more cartons of 1000 baggies each to get that price. I think your area has got to be pretty big. Otherwise it is $15 per carton.

2x3 are $10 per carton.

The price at Royalbags.com is $5.54 per carton of 2x2, 2 mil. And I see they have a volume discount of 15% for orders of $500. That'll be 91 cartons. Make that 100 cartons and you'll have 100,000 baggies for $471 + shipping :D

Edit : math challenged *sigh*

Edited by Chrysalides

You can also ask at a store in the mall... I work for a clothing store, & we get our jewelry in that type of baggy. We try to save them to use for other things, but we get so many, we just throw 'em out!

(Side note: there's a little elderly lady who comes in on a regular basis & asks for these baggies... I didn't think anything of it until one of the girls on our staff asked what she was 'stashing' in these baggies. The only reason it caught me off guard was because a few years ago, she gave us brownies & said "Don't worry! They're clean!"

Threw those bad boys in the trash!!!!) :laughing: