Found a geocoin with unactivated tracking number

hammiam

Hi,

I'm new at geocaching. <2 weeks. and found a geocoin today that has not received a tracking number.

it's from hogwildstuff.org.........how do i go about starting to track this coin?

i went to their website but can't find this particular coin. it's a pocket watch with the rabbit from alice in wonderland on it.

my apologies if i am posting in the wrong place.

thanks for your help in advance!

hammiam

Hi,

I'm new at geocaching. <2 weeks. and found a geocoin today that has not received a tracking number.

it's from hogwildstuff.org.........how do i go about starting to track this coin?

i went to their website but can't find this particular coin. it's a pocket watch with the rabbit from alice in wonderland on it.

hammiam

This Is now your coin if its not activated go on and do it ...

Welcome to the world of geocoins.

First, make SURE that the coin is not activated. Is it listed on the cache page?

Check and make sure that you are not confusing letters with numbers (zero's with "o"s, "s" for "5") - this has led to many issues before because the characters are so small.

If the coin is truly not activated, you should be able to get the activation code from the manufacturer's site. I'm sure that somebody here knows which one that is and can help you out.

Finally, the coin is yours to do with as you wish if it's not activated. Just make sure that you traded fairly for it in the cache itself. (Traveling coins do not need to be traded for, but if it's un-activated then it's swag like anything else).

Hi,

hammiam

Hi hammiam!

You seem to have been lucky! If it's this one:

Degaispersonalgeocoin.jpg

then congrats on this find!

This is Degai's non trackable personal geocoin and her signature item.

If you find a coin like that it's yours to keep.

But you could also decide to pass it on and place it in another cache. Or whatever you'd like to do with it.

Edited by Captain Zulu

Hi,

hammiam

Hi hammiam!

But you could also decide to pass it on and place it in another cache. Or whatever you'd like to do with it.

this IS the coin in my possession. does this mean that it is never trackable??? who is Degai? and how did you find that picture so quickly!!??

I've also found an unactivated coin in a cache before. After looking at the previous logs, I was able to narrow down who might have left it and it turned out to be someone who didn't realized it wasn't activated. He activated it, I took a pic and moved it along. Might be worth a look. If not, congrats on the awesome swag! :)

Hi,

hammiam

Hi hammiam!

this IS the coin in my possession. does this mean that it is never trackable??? who is Degai? and how did you find that picture so quickly!!??

Degai is the geonick of a cacher from Frederick, MD. This coin indeed is called 'Hoppin Thru Time' and I know of at least 2 versions existing: (1) antique brass and green and (2) antique silver and blue.

I found the picture so quickly because I have the antique brass and green coin myself and it's listed -with picture- in my geocoin keepers list at www.cointracking.com

I was wrong when I said the coin is not trackable: IT IS TRACKABLE at www.geocaching.com and if it's not yet activated you can retrieve the activation code from www.hogcode.com

Edited by Captain Zulu