Not enough memory message, oregon 300

Labb

When performing a go to that is some distance away, 2000km, i get a message saying: "Route Calculation Error: Not enough memory available."

The profile is automotive and the maps are european city navigator 2010, basemap is disabled but topomaps for norway is enabled. Same problem with basemap enabled. Topomaps are on the internal memory and the city navigator is on memory card.

Anyone else had this?

Could it be that i used to much of the memoryspace for maps? Or is it just to long a route?

Too long or too complicated a route.

I planned a route to Sorrento in Italy from Wales and had the same problem.

I had to plan a days route at a time [on Mapsource on the PC] and load all the routes to the unit.

Worked like a charm. 30 days travelling with caravan - 4500 miles - only lost my way once at Lake Garda1

Purely curious. How does it it deal with ferries / chunnel? What did it decide?

Is that question for me?

If it is - by default it uses the chunnel and adds 50 minutes to the route.

The route to Ireland through Fishguard adds 3:15 time to the route-Correct for Ferry but the CAT does it in 90minutes.

I never use that method I always plan a route to the Ferry or Chunnel and then from the other side.

It will do Rosslare through Fishguard over to Calais but I prefer the split routing.

When performing a go to that is some distance away, 2000km, i get a message saying: "Route Calculation Error: Not enough memory available."

The profile is automotive and the maps are european city navigator 2010, basemap is disabled but topomaps for norway is enabled. Same problem with basemap enabled. Topomaps are on the internal memory and the city navigator is on memory card.

Anyone else had this?

Could it be that i used to much of the memoryspace for maps? Or is it just to long a route?

Are you putting your maps on the internal device memory (approx. 850mb) or are you using an external microSD card? I planned a trip in the US a few months ago, and used City Navigator North America 2009, and put most of the western US on my device using the external microSD card. Took up about 2.3gb of memory, but it ran just fine.

I would tend to agree with strumble. I don't think it has anything to do with where the maps are loaded, it probably has more to do with a "turn limit" in the device. When the device calculates a route it has to use memory to explore various routes and build the best route possible. The more possible paths there are and the more turns your route needs to take the more memory it requires.

Is it possible to break the route into two using some obvious via point in the middle of the route?

Anyone else had this?

Are you putting your maps on the internal device memory (approx. 850mb) or are you using an external microSD card? I planned a trip in the US a few months ago, and used City Navigator North America 2009, and put most of the western US on my device using the external microSD card. Took up about 2.3gb of memory, but it ran just fine.

Topo maps on internal, approx. 650mb.

The CN is on memorycard.

Edited by Labb

I would tend to agree with strumble. I don't think it has anything to do with where the maps are loaded, it probably has more to do with a "turn limit" in the device. When the device calculates a route it has to use memory to explore various routes and build the best route possible. The more possible paths there are and the more turns your route needs to take the more memory it requires.

Is it possible to break the route into two using some obvious via point in the middle of the route?

For me it´s not gonna be a problem dividing the route in multiple stages, but would have been nice not to do so.