COINTEST: Survival football

rickctroop13

Looking at the picks I see a few have yet to submit . I know it's still early, but I like to throw a reminder to get 'em in, and it's a 3-strike league so even if you lost last week you're still in! ( I keep reminding on this 'cause a couple of players who got strikes in 1st week never picked again).

We bid farewell to Team Merchlinsky (a swing & a miss on Denver) and Big K ( kinda a called third strike with Detroit). Lions also caught Irwando taking strike one while Yemon Yime got his Cards folded for the first time!

Leaves three undefeated, with Fossillady counting on the Saints marching on to protect her one strike status tonight (the only Monday night pick).

Broncos Suck!! Although they have done better then I predicted them to do I think we will finish the season 9-7. Should of waited until they played Oakland. lol

Man that stinks should have went with my 1st thought. Minnesota. But thought that was to easy a pick. lol

This was a neat idea for a cointest.

Thanks for doing it.

Broncos Suck!! Although they have done better then I predicted them to do I think we will finish the season 9-7. Should of waited until they played Oakland. lol

Man that stinks should have went with my 1st thought. Minnesota. But thought that was to easy a pick. lol

This was a neat idea for a cointest.

Thanks for doing it.

Just remember to keep pickin'- it's a 3 strike league. (hard to tell from this if you thought you were done so I'll err on the side of caution...)

Was gonna update last night but daughter was doing schoolwork... now you guys have beaten me to the punch on commentary. One benefit of the 'BUNGLES' is that my GoGints team is out (without ever picking the Giants, that's what I get for saving them for something special!) so no worries about a moral dilemma if I won my own game! :D .

Wonder what Vegas was paying off on a Lions/Raiders/Cheifs trifecta? :)

Now for the damage.... JohnMac took a called third strike, while GoGints and MountainRacer were shredded by the Tiggers. All together the pussycats bit 5!

Team Haynes got bit by the Pits for strike one- leaving no team unscathed. The Cards held on to preserve a 4-way at the top. Was hoping they'd give Jackson a shot at the end, for my fantasy team!

Nine left- eight eligible to win (I'm also NoLions).

Quiet week last week, status remained quo with not enough intrigue to be worthy of snarky comments.

In the Commissioner's note on the league page I've laid out the tie breaking format going all the way through the Super Bowl (in the unlikely but mathematically possible chance it gets that far).

Still 8 in running, 4X 1 loss, 4X 2 losses.

Biting your fingernails? Used up all your 'solid pick' teams and now counting on the Lions or Browns for a miracle? It's CRUNCHTIME!

Quiet week last week, status remained quo with not enough intrigue to be worthy of snarky comments.

In the Commissioner's note on the league page I've laid out the tie breaking format going all the way through the Super Bowl (in the unlikely but mathematically possible chance it gets that far).

Still 8 in running, 4X 1 loss, 4X 2 losses.

Biting your fingernails? Used up all your 'solid pick' teams and now counting on the Lions or Browns for a miracle? It's CRUNCHTIME!

Nope, I'm all good. Got the big guns left for the end of the season. :)

Five of seven pickers pulled off a 'Titanic" victory this week, one picker was 'Ravenously' eating up a Baltimore win. Irwando got bit by a Pit pick, and Yemon Yime appeared to sour of the whole schedule and puckered up to kiss hello to a second strike. E&Cplus3 and TeamHaynes hold a precarious 1 game lead as we head down the stretch. Do we think E&C has an edge with both unbeatens still available? Or will they get scrubbed when Peyton & Drew go part-time to be healthy for the playoffs?

Five of seven pickers pulled off a 'Titanic" victory this week, one picker was 'Ravenously' eating up a Baltimore win. Irwando got bit by a Pit pick, and Yemon Yime appeared to sour of the whole schedule and puckered up to kiss hello to a second strike. E&Cplus3 and TeamHaynes hold a precarious 1 game lead as we head down the stretch. Do we think E&C has an edge with both unbeatens still available? Or will they get scrubbed when Peyton & Drew go part-time to be healthy for the playoffs?

Yime didn't pick. what a bummer. Good Luck All..

Yime didn't pick. what a bummer. Good Luck All..

Man, did I blow it! Learned a lesson that I can't make Yahoo picks from my iPhone. Curse you, technology!

Thanks so much, rickctroop13, for a fun pick 'em this season!

Oh those Broncos.... Looks like E&C is sitting pretty with only one loss. If he loses next week it will be a mess

But how pretty is that big bullseye on E & C's back.... or the six arrows waiting to be loosed at it?! :laughing:

This has been a lot of fun, thanks for the cointest. I have really enjoyed it (especially when I am not obsessing on my picks)