Central Australian Geocoin

gibbo003

Our latest Northern Territory coin is about to go into production.

The coin will highlight Central Australian geocaching and Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park with 3D images of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (Olgas) on each side of the coin.

We are producing the coin with Coins&Pins again and it should be on Pre-Sale at C&P September 2009.

For those that are interested I will keep you all up to date via this thread on pre-sale date.

Thanks for looking Cheers gibbo003

Uluru_Kata_Tjuta.jpg

Our latest Northern Territory coin is about to go into production.

The coin will highlight Central Australian geocaching and Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park with 3D images of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (Olgas) on each side of the coin.

We are producing the coin with Coins&Pins again and it should be on Pre-Sale at C&P September 2009.

For those that are interested I will keep you all up to date via this thread on pre-sale date.

Thanks for looking Cheers gibbo003

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this project develop. : )

You can add me to the list of interested watchers on this thread. I'm really new to this geocoin collecting thing and don't really know anything about the different metals, but do you know yet what type of metal you'll be using for this coin? When I first saw the artwork my first thought was, "Wow, that would look great in some sort of a shiny gold colored metal." Keep in mind though that my thoughts are from a very inexperienced and new collector's viewpoint so I only offer it as just my opinion and I'm sure whatever metal you go with I'll be waiting in line to get one or two of them. I'll be lurking around waiting for the sales to start! Thanks for designing a nice coin!!!! :cool:

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

You can add me to the list of interested watchers on this thread. I'm really new to this geocoin collecting thing and don't really know anything about the different metals, but do you know yet what type of metal you'll be using for this coin? When I first saw the artwork my first thought was, "Wow, that would look great in some sort of a shiny gold colored metal." Keep in mind though that my thoughts are from a very inexperienced and new collector's viewpoint so I only offer it as just my opinion and I'm sure whatever metal you go with I'll be waiting in line to get one or two of them. I'll be lurking around waiting for the sales to start! Thanks for designing a nice coin!!!! :cool:

We haven't looked at what finishes we will be having for the C&P pre-sale. But we will be having shiny gold and shiny silver for the LE versions. Some of the LE will be available for trades after the pre-sale.

You can add me to the list of interested watchers on this thread. I'm really new to this geocoin collecting thing and don't really know anything about the different metals, but do you know yet what type of metal you'll be using for this coin? When I first saw the artwork my first thought was, "Wow, that would look great in some sort of a shiny gold colored metal." Keep in mind though that my thoughts are from a very inexperienced and new collector's viewpoint so I only offer it as just my opinion and I'm sure whatever metal you go with I'll be waiting in line to get one or two of them. I'll be lurking around waiting for the sales to start! Thanks for designing a nice coin!!!! :D

We haven't looked at what finishes we will be having for the C&P pre-sale. But we will be having shiny gold and shiny silver for the LE versions. Some of the LE will be available for trades after the pre-sale.

Having climbed Ayres Rock around 22 times in the old days when it was not frowned upon (as much) you have to do a copper to capture the true Uluru... Hmmm but then the Olgas are more antique gold :cool: A two tone ! :laughing:

It is stunning! I can't wait, I am so glad there are more Aussie coins coming out now...we've got a lot to show off!

I agree with AlliedOz, there MUST be a copper version!

Thanks for that I will have to start and think a bit more about what finishes we should have. The two toned would be great but a little outside the budget but I will inquire and see if its possible. I am not a fan of copper it seems to tarnish very quickly but a antique bronze will look just as good I think.

It is stunning! I can't wait, I am so glad there are more Aussie coins coming out now...we've got a lot to show off!

Thanks for that I will have to start and think a bit more about what finishes we should have. The two toned would be great but a little outside the budget but I will inquire and see if its possible. I am not a fan of copper it seems to tarnish very quickly but a antique bronze will look just as good I think.

Yet another gorgeous coin - well done ;)

If you use shiny copper (which is such a beautiful metal) enquire as to how much having it coated in epoxy would cost - it preserves it beautifully :wub:

Yet another gorgeous coin - well done :D

If you use shiny copper (which is such a beautiful metal) enquire as to how much having it coated in epoxy would cost - it preserves it beautifully :)

Thanks Cheesy pigs I will look into the epoxy coating.