DELL AXIM X51v

Mickey and Goofy

I have a DELL AXIM X51v and running windows 6.5 and I have a GARMIN Mobile 10x GPS Bluetooth Wireless Receiver and had No problem getting it up and running.

My problem is installing the Wherigo Player?

I can get the Player to my Dell using Microsoft ActiveSync.........

I then install the Wherigo Player - No problem.........

The problem is when I run the Wherigo Player it adds "Grountspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges\Wherigo Tutorial.GWC" and "WherogoLog" to the folder that I upload the ActiveCync files to.

Now what happens when I try to Syncronize Files I get a "unresolved item" message and it stops any files from loading?

I then uninstall Wherigo Player and remove the "WherigoLog" file from the Sync folder and everything runs OK and I can run ActiveSync with no problem...........

I know that it is probably something that I'm doing wrong but I just can't figure it out??????

Any Help Please...

I have a DELL AXIM X51v and running windows 6.5 and I have a GARMIN Mobile 10x GPS Bluetooth Wireless Receiver and had No problem getting it up and running.

The problem is when I run the Wherigo Player it adds "Grountspeak\Wherigo\Cartridges\Wherigo Tutorial.GWC" and "WherogoLog" to the folder that I upload the ActiveCync files to.

Now what happens when I try to Syncronize Files I get a "unresolved item" message and it stops any files from loading?

I then uninstall Wherigo Player and remove the "WherigoLog" file from the Sync folder and everything runs OK and I can run ActiveSync with no problem...........

I know that it is probably something that I'm doing wrong but I just can't figure it out??????

Any Help Please...

SOLVED!

I got it figured out and it is working!

Any Help Please...

SOLVED!

I got it figured out and it is working!

SOLVED BUT???

The screen is not right the words like in "Select a Cartrage" and other "List Type" screens the words are cut in half and I can't see the full words?

I'm running:

Windows Mobile 6.5 Classic

Real VGA 192dbi

Any Help Please........

There should be a VGA program you can run to modify your Axim's resolution and fix some problems. I don't know if it'll fix that, but you might want to give it a try. Try looking through the forum for it. (I'm caching away from home for the next few days, so I won't be able to provide more help than that at the moment.)

If any of you other forum regulars know what that program is called and if it would help in this situation, I'd really appreciate it if you'd post a link to that thread!

I tryed a new VGA program with no luck. :wacko: So I put the Dell Axim on Ebay and sold it to a medical student it was good for paperless caching that's it. I also sold the Garmin 10X that was a nice GPS. I ordered a new Colorado 400t I know that it will work because I tryed one at the MWGB 2010.

I now have made my first Wherigo Cartridge that works good in the emulator and just waiting for my Colorado to arive so I can give it a real test.

Now that I'm on the subject - The "Bulider" (Groundspeak Wherigo Builder - Beta 2.0.5129.5086 5/30/2008 5:27:30 PM) has Not been updated at all that I can see sense 2008????? What about the "Play anywhere (not implemented yet)? What about the Wherigo Player for the Pocket PC "Last Release: 5/29/2008"? Is Groundspeek going to do anything with Wherigo? It's FUN and I now see that it counts with your cache finds but no other support?

Finish comments: - Wherigo is fun and has unlimited possibilities with Cartridge game ideas. It adds another option to Geocaching other than Multi's, Traditional's and so on. Although bulding a Cartridge is a task for the first time builder and not everybody will take the effort to struggle through learning the Builder. Some cachers will! If Groundspeek will not take the efort to support the "Builder" and the other support programs why not open it up to a group that would? There are a lot of good programmers out there that I'm sure would help for nothing.

Just My Thoughts <_<

The Groundspeak Builder

I haven't heard any plans concerning the Builder from Groundspeak, secret or not. I have already communicated the community's interest in open-sourcing it. Feel free to echo it either via direct email or Get Satisfaction (the feedback tab on gc.com).

Play Anywhere

In order to create a Play Anywhere cartridge, Groundspeak would need to update their Builder. You could set up a cartridge using coordinates like normal, then when the cartridge builds, some code could be injected in the cartridge's OnStart and OnRestore events to change the zones' location relative to the player. However, if Groundspeak isn't updating their Builder, I doubt you'll see this.

You can still implement Play Anywhere, but it would be a manual process. Or someone could create an author script.