What is the cost?

Minimike2

You're asking a question that doesn't have a specific answer.

Price is based on a number of factors; how many minted, size, thickness, enamels used, cut outs, 3D vs 2D, engraving, artist, tracking numbers, icon, and the list goes on.

The better question to ask would be: How much did you coin cost to make? You may get some answers.

I can tell you this much, my ET Oceania coins for the dies alone cost me very close to $1,000.

tsun

How much money are we talking about to produce a coin?

Is it several hundred dollars? $3,000?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Good guess...It will be from several hundred to 3000.

I'd say you probabaly couldn't do a thing with less then $500. My first Minting was over $2,000. there are some ways you can get about 50 personalized GROUP coins for $250-300. These are coins where many people use one die, and choose their colors, and use a screen print or engraving to personalize them.

Bird's of a Feather, Big Bean, Nerds and others work like this.

I was afraid of that. I am in the market for a couple of coins as gifts to the children I cache with and there are two that I can't find. I was just thinking about making some, but it is too costly to do that.

Back to the drawing board. :cool:

Your best bet would be to wait until someone here opens up a group project (like WSR mentioned earlier). You normally can choose your own colors and get your names engraved on the coins and some people have even whittled down the costmore by sharing an order. I haven't seen a group project in awhile but usually 1 or 2 pops up a year.

I was afraid of that. I am in the market for a couple of coins as gifts to the children I cache with and there are two that I can't find. I was just thinking about making some, but it is too costly to do that.

Back to the drawing board. :cool:

What specifically are you looking for?

Several tweens - something Twilight related. You know, sparkly white hollow chested guy.

Harry Potter theme.

I did get an Indiana Jones for the 10 year old boy.