Colorado 2.96 Beta

Baumer

I'm a bit dissappointed with this Beta due to it's lack of feature improvements. Perhaps I was expecting too much,such as a Track Manager that would allow users to select track colours. Mind you,for the most part I'm still very satisfied with my Colorado. It's now a matter of waiting to see what the first non-Beta release will look like,ie,3.0. On a personal note my one and only must have on the wish list is an alternative text entry option.

Edited by flyjazz

I'm a bit dissappointed with this Beta due to it's lack of feature improvements. Perhaps I was expecting too much,such as a Track Manager that would allow users to select track colours. Mind you,for the most part I'm still very satisfied with my Colorado. It's now a matter of waiting to see what the first non-Beta release will look like,ie,3.0. On a personal note my one and only must have on the wish list is an alternative text entry option.

I'm with you, I was a bit concerned that my reolacement unit was begining to fail but the latest beta's (except 2.94) have pretty much fixed it.

Yes, I too want a track manager like the legends, gpsmap 60/76 and oregons have.

GARMIN ....... ARE YOU LISTNENING??????????

From owning many Garmin units over many years, Garmin seldom add any function that user request on forum. They sometime add function that we have not asked for.

New units may have the function we ask for, but then Garmin has removed other function that we do miss. Like a zoom level setting for POI in the Nüvi series.

Something new that has come up with the 2.96BETA that I would like to know if anyone else has experienced.

I was caching last night and had the compass turned off but when I was doing the drunken bee dance the arrow on the map wouldn't rotate when I headed in the other direction. The arrow actually showed me backing up which made it very hard to get closer to GZ.

I could understand, sort of, if I had the compass turned on but the compass was off (I double checked)

Anyone else experience this?

Just tried again and my Colorado still doesn't rotate the pointer when I turn directions. The pointer continues to "back up" after I turn around.

It's frustrating.

Sending an EMail to Garmin now.

I had a similar issue. It got better as my GPSr got it's "geosense" but there were some things I have done to fix it. Before you say it, yes, Garmin needs to fix these things.

At first what I did was, whenever it would go 180 off, I would recalibrate the compass. I know you should only HAVE to do it after battery change, but I quickly realized that this had to be done two times in a row to fix the issue. Silly, but worked.

Then, recently I turned off the compass. Everyone on here and elsewhere kept saying it needed to be in auto, but at least for GC, it works best like the old 60, 60CS and 60CSX and should be off.

Since turning off compass, now my arrow points directly to GZ

Just tried again and my Colorado still doesn't rotate the pointer when I turn directions. The pointer continues to "back up" after I turn around.

It's frustrating.

Sending an EMail to Garmin now.

I had a similar issue. It got better as my GPSr got it's "geosense" but there were some things I have done to fix it. Before you say it, yes, Garmin needs to fix these things.

At first what I did was, whenever it would go 180 off, I would recalibrate the compass. I know you should only HAVE to do it after battery change, but I quickly realized that this had to be done two times in a row to fix the issue. Silly, but worked.

Then, recently I turned off the compass. Everyone on here and elsewhere kept saying it needed to be in auto, but at least for GC, it works best like the old 60, 60CS and 60CSX and should be off.

Since turning off compass, now my arrow points directly to GZ

I had this problem with the compass OFF. Maybe it's actually on but shows off. I will try turning it ON, recalibrating it, and then turn it OFF again.

Who knows....

But, yeah, they need to get their craniums released from their Donkey.

My Colorado generally works well, but I do have a problem when the map is set to track up automotive mode. In this mode it goes completely nuts. Poor satellite reception and battery level issues. Set to north up and not automotive mode and it suddenly works great again. Using latest chipset and 2.96 beta.

My Colorado generally works well, but I do have a problem when the map is set to track up automotive mode. In this mode it goes completely nuts. Poor satellite reception and battery level issues. Set to north up and not automotive mode and it suddenly works great again. Using latest chipset and 2.96 beta.

Same with mine. I have to run with North up or it gets funky.