Hogwild Stuff Compass Geocoin

Hogwild Stuff

The presale period for the new Hogwild Stuff Compass Geocoin ends today at 5:00 pm PDT.

COMPASS%20ANT%20GOLD.jpg

compass%20ant%20copper.jpg

Purchase the Antique Gold Coin Here

Purchase The Antique Copper Coin Here

THIS IS A PRESALE - The coins will be mailed in about 3 weeks.

I was doing a web search looking for new coin ideas well over a year ago and came across an image of this old fashioned compass. I talked with a couple of factories about the possibility of turning this into a “coin”. The coin is large. 2 inches across. It is heavy almost 5 oz. There are three finishes: Antique Silver (THE LE and sold out) Antique Gold and Antique Copper. The needle spins but is not magnetized

Coin Stats

Size: 2 inches across

Finish: Antique Gold, Antique Silver, Antique, Copper

Tracking: www.geocaching.com

Icon: Unique

Price: $13.00 Plus S & H

I JUST got mine in the mail and they are BEAUTIFUL!! I've paid a LOT more and gotten a lot less from some other stores. They are WELL worth the $13.00

BUT- that S&H was a little steep (IMO) :blink:

Shipping is a little steep but they are almost 5 oz shipped. Went through $800 to the Postal Service this week and most of it to ship these coins. The last of the initial orders went in the mail yesterday.

Got mine, but have mixed feelings about this "coin". A geocoin should be able

to travel from cache to cache, I don't see how this one is gonna survive this.

hogwild_compass.jpg

The "coin" came as 3 loose parts, most probably these parts will not stay

together when the coin is sent out to travel.

It has a tracking number but I see it as a "collectors only" object.

I've got the LE version. It's a replica of a pocket sundial to tell time with. The needle should spin. In the real thing the working compass used to make sure that the point of the sundial's gnomon (wing/fin) is aimed north then the shadow of the dial tells the time. When held level a Pocket sundial will be accurate at a particular latitude. Change the angle to adjust to a different lat.

So point the fin north and see what time it is. It's pretty accurate for me. I just need to hold at a slight angle to adjust for my lat.

Even if you glued it together I don't think this would travel to far before being swiped.

I got mine in the mail on Friday and this coin is great.

Like others, I am not sure how well it would hold up in from cache to cache being in 3 pieces (although mine seems quite secure and I was able to hold it up by the sundial) but its for my new collection so I wont be releasing it anytime soon anyway. :P

Great looking coin!!

23.gif

not what I thought the icon would be.

Yes, I'm very disappointed this morning. Activated one for use at a caching event tomorrow only to find that icon. Wonder what the problem is.

Volanges

The icon probably hasn't been loaded into the system yet. They do that on Friday's and sometimes it takes a while.

23.gif

not what I thought the icon would be.

Yes, I'm very disappointed this morning. Activated one for use at a caching event tomorrow only to find that icon. Wonder what the problem is.

Volanges

The icon probably hasn't been loaded into the system yet. They do that on Friday's and sometimes it takes a while.

It has been a while already. Will there be a custom icon of the compass or not?