Oregone, where have you gone?

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :blink: I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

Did anyone out there happen to do this and have an archive of them? If someone wants to share please post here!

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :mad: I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

Did anyone out there happen to do this and have an archive of them? If someone wants to share please post here!

Bummer! I used to go back and read them once a year, great stuff, I hate that he deleted them. :blink:

If he hasn't written a book he should!

I tried to contact him when I started The Online Geocacher, I would have loved to publish those logs, but got no response.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :grin: I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

Bummer! I used to go back and read them once a year, great stuff, I hate that he deleted them. :blink:

If he hasn't written a book he should!

I tried to contact him when I started The Online Geocacher, I would have loved to publish those logs, but got no response.

B):mad:

:D No more "Soapy boy, rinsey boy?" :D

:D No more "cheerleader underwear?" :(

This is a sad, sad day. :(

At least THIS is still there:

907950_800.jpg

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :blink: I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

This may not work, On December 28 2002, Oregone attended the first Cache Machine in Bremerton, Wa.

I had a coffee break event at my home for the group along with a cache. This is his log from that. Dick W7WT

log]

December 28, 2002 by oregone (910 found)

I gotta be honest with ya here. I never even printed out that PDF file or read any of the cache descriptions before heading up to washington with a car full of empty starbucks cups and cigarette butts to pull a two-handed depantsing on bremerton, so i had no idea what was going on when we pulled up to a conspicuous antenna-weilding house in an otherwise unassuming neighborhood. But man, what a pleasant and VERY NECESSARY break from all the madness.

From cache #1 i kept whining like a UK Bobbie about needing some coffee and some breakfast, so this stop was perfect. I coulda just planted myself in the driveway for the rest of the day if my instincts hadn't told me to hit the road when i saw cars streaming out of there like so many, um, rabid geocachers. I've nothing but gratitude for this short yet solaceful rest stop.

My favorite part was when Dick offered everyone to grab a bottled water from the obviously-new cardboard flat sitting by the garage. I actually saw people start to walk up and grab one until Dick joked, 'I just filled them up this morning.' And then people slinked back as nonchalantly as they possibly could. Hilarious.

This is rather mild log. Some of his bordered on X-rated. We all miss his logs. The GC no. was GCB3B6

July 30, 2003 by oregone (910 found)

I took a slightly different, and maybe easier route to this cache, but it wasn't MUCH easier. I still had a little trouble due to, well, about .18 of thick brush and about .05 of the boulders. But i said i'd find it, so i found it. It took a LOT longer than i had expected, but i got to check out Spinning Lake and both of the Boulder Lakes. I'm inexplicably drawn to these remote mountain lakes, for some reason. The ones I've visited before are like old friends and the new ones make me feel exactly like I've walked into a bar to find a lonely catholic girl drinking a PBR. These lakes just make me comfortable, and I can't figure out why. But I had to get away from work for some time to think because i got the absolutely horrible news in my inbox that my high-school 10-year reunion is coming up this october. It freaked me out.

On the night of my 10th birthday, we were all laying in sleeping bags in my living room during an especially heated game of truth or dare when either Daniel Sifuentez or Tyler Simon asked me who i thought the cutest girl in school was. In my innocence, i said it was Kjersten Woodley instead of the obvious answer of Jennifer deBoer. I don't know what it was. Maybe Jennifer deBoer was suspiciously TOO perfect. I distinctly remember liking Kjersten better because of her inexact bangs that made her forehead look like it was incompatible with her face, and how she'd wear the same stupid pair of white Keds until the soles wore off. Ten years later, i found out that her strict mormon upbringing totally prevented her from ever loving me back, so i broke into her modest two-bedroom rental near the campus of BYU in Provo, Utah and stole all of her underwear. That is to say, I'm pretty sure it was her underwear. Hopefully i didn't accidentally steal her roommate's underwear. Anyway, i headed south down Interstate 15 to the Arizona border and dumped the whole pile of bras and panties over an embankment into the Virgin River Gorge. This was July of '95 so it was a hot day, but there was a slight breeze so various undergarments were spread up and down the canyon--some getting stuck in the cacti and junipers, some fluttering the depth of the gorge like broken butterflies all the way to the river to be swept through the rapids and the falls and eventually ending up at the bottom of Lake Mead behind the Hoover Dam.

I have this secret fantasy that somewhere, someday, someone will be fishing for trout and find a worse-for-the-wear pink 34B at the end of their hook. Worst case scenario: The fish in Lake Mead have gone through some sort of accelerated evolution and they've started wearing Kjersten Woodley's underwear, eventually building up a society based solely on the exchange of Sears brand lingerie as currency--but that's strictly worst-case.

I've never told anyone this story (statute of limitations, don't fail me now!), but this reunion thing made me feel like it was time to come clean. I think i feel the same way about this upcoming high-school reunion as i do about throwing a box of girl's undergarments into the Virgin River Gorge. We were all--like Kjersten's poor panties--just plucked away from a comfortable environment one day and thrown into the elements. Some of us got stuck in a tree, and some of us are being worn by a three-foot sturgeon with opposable thumbs.

But i did eventually find the cache. No PBRs inside, but no matter: I had my own. Unfortunately, i brought the regular sunscreen instead of the anti-insect sunscreen, so i was besieged by those weird biting flies that i hate. Once they get there little teeth on you, they can't just be blown off, you have to totally thwack them. The cache was filled with a lot of good stuff, and i had a bunch of crap in my bag. So instead of leaving a stupid glow stick in exchange for the TJ dollar, i left a WITC CD and my FRS radio. I figured i could find my way down the boulders without having to call in an airlift, and this log proves it.

Okay, but here's the best part, and it's not even about boobs: On the way back to the car, i came face-to-face with an actual BEAR for the first time in my life. Man, they are NOT as tame and placid as when you see them in the zoo from 40 yards away. My whole time on the boulders, i was worried about snakes so i made as much noise as possible. But once i got into the timber i just walked as i normally do--big mistake. About halfway back to the trail, i stupidly decided to scale a medium-sized fallen spruce for a shortcut. As soon as i started to brace my arms to lift myself over the log, an adult male black bear reared up in all of its scary ****ing glory.

I froze, and he froze. We probably stared at eachother for less than one second, but it seemed as if you could have recited all 50 state capitals before we both broke off in opposite directions at full speed. In that little nanosecond, i felt exactly the same as when i was caught by Kellie the cheerleader's mom in her Oldsmobile behind the Dairy Queen (okay, maybe i CAN bring boobs into this). I sprinted in a zig-zaggy southerly fashion for about 3 or 4 minutes, then decided it was okay to backtrack to find my pack. My senses slowly came back to me and i began to figure that the bear was probably long gone. Just to be on the safe side, i sang the entire side 2 of Fleetwood Mac's 'Tusk' album--off-key because bears can tell--over and over again past all those used-to-be-comfortable lakes on my way back to the REAL safety of my POS Honda. Thanks for a supremely deck cache.

I was looking at the logs from our first find and saw oregone's log so I clicked on his profile. This one of my favorite logs that I have read by him. Maybe because of the pure length of the log(s). I won't paste the log in here because it took four separate entries. Here is the link to the cache page. "Fall Mountain" GCKR77

That's some great reading! Thanks for sharing.

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :) I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

Are you sure they are deleted? Last I heard he was way behind in filling in the stories and you may have stumbled on some he never got to.

I loved reading the logs of Oregone. When I went back to look for them I found many to be deleted. :) I knew I should have cut and pasted them into a word processor to keep them for future reading.

Are you sure they are deleted? Last I heard he was way behind in filling in the stories and you may have stumbled on some he never got to.

I've been around for a while, but somehow I missed ever hearing of this guy. My loss, eh? That's some crazy-arsed stuff. :) Per the quote above, no he's definitely deleting them. Last logged find is 2004. And his profile mentions finding 1,000 and being a few hundred logs behind, but yet the find count is under 1,000 right now.