Check Out My New GeoCoin

DiLMar

Has anybody ever heard the phrase "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"?

Anyway, I too agree that the artwork is actually very good... much better than what I could dream of doing. I am also new here... and I really don't know all of the rules. It tends to be a good idea to admit ignorance around here. I walk around all day "sticking my foot in my mouth". Please post some pictures of the process.

Thanks, Goose

Well for once i have have stayed away from posting , trust me i wanted ot comment a few times,, but decided it was not in my best intrest. i design myself, i am NOT a vendor, and i must say your design idea is awesome. i think with a different attitude like your first and very last post you will be very welcomed here as a person and as a designer /vendor. i also am a heavy collector, when i can be, as of late i havent been able to collect as much but i will get over my hump and continue my collection.

i want to let you know i really did not like the way you responded a few times here, i also did not enjoy some other posts from others as well,, but we all make mistakes when we get fired up.

my advice ,, stay profesional, stay cool ,calm and collected. im shure you can see the way this thread has changed course from just 1 great post by yourself.

i myself would hate to miss out on your coin ,, so please contact me if you decide to not take part in these forums,,,, i must tell you tho... if you do decide that,,, it would be a big mistake.

the users here are some of the best people you may ever meet, and probably a huge part of the geocoin customer base. ill leave that up to you ,, but eather way just know i love your design as a designer myself!

sorry for the bad spelling,, i really do suck at spelling!

good luck with what ever you decide to do. :)

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Hey Geocachers,

Please, see my new geocoin that I have been working on for a long time. Let me know what ya think.

Here is the link http://www.dilmarcoins.com/GeoCoins.html

And Thanks a lot!

Could somebody help me to change the heading of this post, please? I would really apreciate that! Thanks in advance!

press report on your first post and ask the mods to change your title to what ever you want in the report page.

Hey Geocachers,

Please, see my new geocoin that I have been working on for a long time. Let me know what ya think.

Here is the link http://www.dilmarcoins.com/GeoCoins.html

And Thanks a lot!

Could somebody help me to change the heading of this post, please? I would really apreciate that! Thanks in advance!

press report on your first post and ask the mods to change your title to what ever you want in the report page.

Thanks for the help! I have already followed your advice and hopefully it will be adjusted very soon.

Nice! Another coin for which I'm looking forward. What other platings are you considering, if any? Methinks you could also pick out the six-sided star hiding on the back by filling it in with enamel (if I'm reading the art correctly, the rest of the coin is in second level; I imagine that the mint could fill in the outer band using soft enamel, but I'm also guessing that IHE would only work in the center of the raised design, since it's a resin that has to be overfilled and then polished off).

When will the coin be available? Don't take this wrong, but I am interested in purchasing from the second minting for a market (lower) price and without pre-ordering. You mentioned earlier this would be possible eventually.

First of all thank you for your interest. I am in the process of getting my samples for this coin at the moment. I am trying to collect funds by selling my Mystery Heart Coins so I have enough to place an order for this coin. As soon I sell out all of my Mystery Hearts I will have an order placed for Celtic Treasure coins. Please, let me know what price range you are looking for so that I have an idea and I will definitely work with on that.

Gorgeous coin-As it's my heritage I love coins with anything celtic on it, most especially knots. Any idea of when the pre-sale will happen?

I am really happy to see that so many people are interested in this particular coin. There will be no pre-sale for this coin anytime soon. But I will be selling them as I will have them in hand. I hope all of your patience will be satisfied soon. Thank you! :lol:

Hmmm... Samples have been mailed to me yesterday. Can't wait to see them, after so many months. Although, I was told that manufacture had some problems with this coin and some changes need to be made. I am hoping that I'll get the samples Monday or Tuesday and I can post a picture here too after that. :) I am so excited!!!

Here the pictures of samples! The only problem so far is the red color. It is not as red as it is supposed to be. It is a two tone metal finish. It is Gold Polished with Antique Silver.

Please, share your thoughts and let me know what you think?

ctgs.jpg

ctgs2.jpg

I think that turned out pretty darned nice :D Congrats.

Here the pictures of samples! The only problem so far is the red color. It is not as red as it is supposed to be. It is a two tone metal finish. It is Gold Polished with Antique Silver.

ctgs.jpg

ctgs2.jpg

I think that turned out pretty darned nice :D Congrats.

Thank you! :D

The coins look really great to me! How long until you expect them to be available. Have to work on the budget

I am just waiting for the manufacture to fix the coloring problem and as soon it is taken care of I'll place an order for production. I am even thinking to place an order for all metal two tone version while the coloring problem is being worked on. But I am not 100% sure yet.

When will the coin be available? Don't take this wrong, but I am interested in purchasing from the second minting for a market (lower) price and without pre-ordering. You mentioned earlier this would be possible eventually.

First of all thank you for your interest. I am in the process of getting my samples for this coin at the moment. I am trying to collect funds by selling my Mystery Heart Coins so I have enough to place an order for this coin. As soon I sell out all of my Mystery Hearts I will have an order placed for Celtic Treasure coins. Please, let me know what price range you are looking for so that I have an idea and I will definitely work with on that.

Sorry to take so long to respond. I didn't answer because I realized that geocoins are simply out of my budget. It's a beautiful coin- thanks for posting the pix. I hope to see one in a cache someday and be able to move it along its travels. P.S. I agree the reddish color looks good.

Edited by FatCat2

ctgs.jpg

ctgs2.jpg

WOW.... after only seeing the original artwork these SAMPLES look fantastic. I LOVE the green showing through on the border between the bands of gold outside a field of blue. As others have said the maroon in place of the red works well.... it's not a common choice and it may prove to be a fortunate mistake. Well done.

Is the coin 2D? If so, you might want to consider IHE. It's slightly more expensive (but less expensive than soft enamel plus epoxy) but the coin comes out completely smooth and the colors are pretty bright (so, say, red #1 or 3 would be really /red/).

You'd lose the tactile quality of the coin, so that's a con if you like the tactile quality of it. And I do think also that maroon and gold works out really well too, so either way, I'll certainly be buying a couple. : )

I am really happy to see that so many people are interested in this particular coin. There will be no pre-sale for this coin anytime soon. But I will be selling them as I will have them in hand. I hope all of your patience will be satisfied soon. Thank you! ;)

I've got a question (or two) for you: by "there will be no pre-sale for this coin anytime soon", do you mean that there will not be a pre-sale at all? (Via Coins and Pins, who handled the pre-sale for the Mystery Heart geocoin.)

I think you handled the Mystery Heart geocoin very well, and I think that if you're planning to go solo on selling & shipping the Celtic Treasures coin, that you have made the right decision to have the coins in hand before offering them for sale.

If it's the latter that you plan on doing -- that is, selling the coin yourself, through your website, vice having any kind of pre-sale through (say) Coins and Pins -- how much are you planning to charge for the coins?

I notice that you've got the Mystery Heart coin up for $14.99 a pop, which is pricey for a 2D coin (even with IHE). It doesn't bother me given that there was a C&P pre-sale first, so you're in essence selling off the extra stock as "sold-out" extra stock (and even if you had so much extra stock that it doesn't count as the coins being "sold-out", you're the vendor, and you can set whatever price you want -- we buyers will vote with our wallets). However, if you're planning on selling the Celtic Treasures coin for approx. $15 per, I'd have to think long and hard about it, and it would probably limit my spending, because I know that 2" 3D coins don't cost anywhere near $15 per to manufacture.

Another question: are the golden portions of the coin (the ones that look like Arwyn's necklace from Lord of the Rings) 3D? They kind of look like it, and I know your original blueprint called for it. I still don't think that would justify the $15 per price (if that's still your plan), but it does affect my other advice (about IHE).

Hello again,

I will try to be as short and as accurate as I can since I am at work at the moment. Please excuse me if I miss anything at the moment.

I am not planning on having any kind of pre-sale for Celtic Treasure Geocoin at the moment. I will be selling them as I will have them in hand. (It is taking longer then I was planning due to some manufacture issues.)

Celtic Treasure Geocoins will not be sold by C&P. Celtic Treasure Geocoins will be sold only on my website (Not as a Pre-sale).

As far as pricewise I am still trying to work on that. I will not know the exact price until I place a final order (after the coloring issues are fixed on the coin). But I was "Thinking" that hopefully I will be able to sell Celtic Treasure Geocoins for $12 each including shipping (domestic only). But like I said that is not final decision yet since I don't know myself how much it will cost me per coin to produce.

The $14.99 for Mystery Heart Geocoin LE on my website was for certain someone which included the international shipping. (I am still waiting on payment for that)

Celtic Treasure Geocoin is a 2" 3D coin with raised 3D on front and recessed 3D on the back side. Everything that is shown as 3D on the Die Art it is the part that is in deed 3D on an actual coin.

I do not know anything about the Arwyn's necklace since when I was drawing my design I did not think of anything but only Celtic nations and their culture. But I guess I should check on that. Thanks for the info.

I hope this helps at some point but please let me know if I missed anything and I would be happy to reply again.

Thank you again!

Allright... I got the coins they look great. There are six different finishes. Updates are available at my website. Thanks everybody for help, suggestions, advice and support.

Enjoy :)

What's the website link ? The one I had bookmarked doesn't seem to work anymore...

Sorry, I should have mentioned about it my website has been changed and it is www.dilmar.net now.

Thank You!

Allright... I got the coins they look great. There are six different finishes. Updates are available at my website. Thanks everybody for help, suggestions, advice and support.

Enjoy :D

What's the website link ? The one I had bookmarked doesn't seem to work anymore...

Sorry, I should have mentioned about it my website has been changed and it is www.dilmar.net now.

Thank You!

I found it after googling. :D Now to figure out which to get! TOO many choices, and the pics are so small. :)

Thank You!

I found it after googling. :D Now to figure out which to get! TOO many choices, and the pics are so small. :)

If you click on the small pictures they should enlarge. Have you tried that? If it is still small please let me know I can work something else out.

Thank You :ph34r:

If you click on the small pictures they should enlarge. Have you tried that? If it is still small please let me know I can work something else out.

Thank You :D

On the store, was where I meant... I'm using the pics on the other part of the site to see a little better. The pics on the store aren't linked for a bigger view.

Thank You!

Thank You :ph34r: